Request: In My Place Condemned He Stood

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13058
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 16 2014 9:02 AM

This is a fabulous book from Packer and his friends. It has been requested before, but it's too good not to be mentioned again. Here are just some of the endorsements:

"Here is vintage J. I. Packer accompanied by some younger friends. The magisterial but too-little-known essay 'What Did the Cross Achieve?' is itself worth the price of the whole book. And there is much more besides. Here, then, are gospel riches, and In My Place Condemned He Stood marks the spot where the buried treasure lies. Start digging!"
Sinclair B. Ferguson, Professor of Systematic Theology, Redeemer Seminary, Dallas, Texas

"The essays in this volume by Packer and Dever are some of the most important things I have ever read. If you want to preach in such a way that results in real conversions and changed lives, you should master the approach to the cross laid out in this book."
Timothy Keller, Senior Pastor, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City

"This book contains some of the finest essays that have ever been written on the death of Christ."
David F. Wells, Distinguished Senior Research Professor, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

"Every student and pastor should own this volume, for the contents are so precious that they deserve more than one reading."
Thomas R. Schreiner, James Buchanan Harrison Professor of New Testament Interpretation, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

"Writing with the precision of learned theologians and the passion of forgiven sinners, J. I. Packer and Mark Dever explain the meaning of atonement, substitution, and propitiation-not just as words, but as saving benefits we can only receive from a crucified Savior."
Philip Graham Ryken, President, Wheaton College

http://www.crossway.org/books/in-my-place-condemned-he-stood-tpb/ 

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2014 11:40 PM

Yes

Posts 2985
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 5:41 AM

I couldn't agree with more. We need to have in in Logos. I have the book in Kindle.

mm.

mm.

Posts 300
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 5:46 AM

YES.

Posts 3059
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 8:21 AM

Yes

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 8:53 AM

Yes

Posts 60
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 4:15 PM

Unfortunately, Crossway has decided to not license it right now because there are some very complex copyright issues involved with this particular work. Maybe down the road. Sorry! I love me some Packer too.

Reformed Product Manager

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS