Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 2:02 PM

Mark Barnes:
Currently the sermons are grouped by resource. IMO it would be better if they were grouped by series, and only grouped by resource if the series is blank. Currently there are three sections for Piper - it would be better if there was one. Likewise, if you ever get to the Treasury of Great Preaching, you don't want ten sections, do you? And you certainly don't want 63 sections for Spurgeon!

Sermons are now grouped by series in 5.2a SR-3.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 30 2014 8:16 PM

Dave Hooton:
e.g. Fresh Sermons (Wilson), Selected Sermons of George Whitefield.

Whitfield shows up in mine with this update.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 3:18 AM

Dylan Rondeau:
Sermons are now grouped by series in 5.2a SR-3.

Thank you!

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 3:31 AM

William:

Dave Hooton:
e.g. Fresh Sermons (Wilson), Selected Sermons of George Whitefield.

Whitfield shows up in mine with this update.

The recent updates of Sermon resources made this possible as they needed to be tagged by Logos.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 171
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 11:10 AM

This is a great new feature.  It actually led me to purchase another collection of sermons since it's much more usable now than before.  I do wish my properly formatted PBB sermons would appear in this section too.  They are in their own collection right above this so it isn't a big deal - easy enough to include them in a guide - but it would be a nice touch.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 1:15 PM

I did some playing around and these 8 sermon series seem to be tagged so far (this was a search of John 3:16):

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 2 2014 4:20 AM

Don Awalt:
I did some playing around and these 8 sermon series seem to be tagged so far (this was a search of John 3:16):

I created a custom PG, with just a Sermons section on Genesis-Revelation, and found:

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 2 2014 5:44 AM

Ah good idea! I didn't think to try Gen-Rev. I see the same 18 series.

Posts 590
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 2 2014 8:33 AM

Mark Barnes:

Don Awalt:

I created a custom PG, with just a Sermons section on Genesis-Revelation, and found:

Mark, how did you set up your section on sermons? Do you have a specific collection on sermons (and if so, how is it established)? I have a collection entitled Sermons with the rule: mytag:sermon. I know that Logos has tagged many sermons, but I don't seem to find sermons by author/series like you have. Thanks

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 2 2014 5:28 PM

Bill Shewmaker:
Mark, how did you set up your section on sermons?

It's all automatic now. Now need for collections - just look for the new Sermons section in the Passage Guide or Sermon Starter Guide.

Posts 590
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 3 2014 10:50 AM

Mark Barnes:

Bill Shewmaker:
Mark, how did you set up your section on sermons?

It's all automatic now. Now need for collections - just look for the new Sermons section in the Passage Guide or Sermon Starter Guide.

Not sure why mine only gives me a total of 6 sermons...and I have several books of sermons and even some PBBs of sermons. That is why I was asking...are they catalogued by Bible book (i.e., Genesis, Exodus, etc.)? I just ran the John 3:16 Sermon Starter Guide and got a grand total of 6 sermons. I don't have any of Piper's sermons, but one would think that there are more than 6 sermons on John 3:16. 

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 3 2014 11:00 AM

Books have to be specifically tagged to appear in this section. As far as we know, only the books in the screenshot above have been tagged.

Posts 590
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 3 2014 11:09 AM

Mark Barnes:

Books have to be specifically tagged to appear in this section. As far as we know, only the books in the screenshot above have been tagged.

Thanks Mark...looks like in "need" to buy some more resources :)

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 3 2014 10:40 PM

Bill Shewmaker:
Thanks Mark...looks like in "need" to buy some more resources :)

The number of compatible resources is growing fairly rapidly at the moment, so hopefully more sermons in your library will appear in that section soon. They seem to be focussing on sermon resources that are of type:monograph – but there are a LOT of these. A quick estimate of my own library shows more than 300, and I can't have all of them.

Posts 10044
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 28 2014 3:09 PM

Mark Barnes:

Logos shipped updates to a number of sermon resources today (my download was over 140MB and I normally don't focus on collecting sermons, so everybody's mileage may vary considerably), thus I think the list just grew by a large number.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 29 2014 2:48 AM

NB.Mick:
I think the list just grew by a large number

Well spotted. I posted a revised list here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/85216.aspx 

Posts 8015
LogosEmployee

John Eggen:
 I do wish my properly formatted PBB sermons would appear in this section too.

Starting in 6.12 Beta 1, they will. If you use the sermon metadata table (https://wiki.logos.com/Sermon_and_Illustration_Support), the necessary {Sermon} label will be generated automatically. (You will need to recompile your sermon resources at least once to use the new personal book compiler.)

Posts 2635
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2016 3:18 PM

In 6.12 {Sermon} label will be generated automatically allowing it to show up in the Sermons guide section and in other searches for sermons.

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS