Taskbar Icon Messed Up

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 39
Ryan Boyer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 8 2014 10:16 AM

My Logos icon on on my taskbar has changed.  Before I had the Logos icon, and I clicked it and my software opened.  Now, there is still a spot for an icon, but it is a ugly white square.  Logos opens and seems to work just fine, but the icon is messed up.  I restarted my computer already.

I recently installed, and then uninstalled Proclaim.  I can't pinpoint this as a matter of fact, but I'm wondering if my icon is somehow messed up because of that uninstall.

Can anyone help me get my pretty icon back.

Thank you and blessings.

Ryan

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 8 2014 11:15 AM

Ryan Boyer:
My Logos icon on on my taskbar has changed.  Before I had the Logos icon, and I clicked it and my software opened.  Now, there is still a spot for an icon, but it is a ugly white square.  Logos opens and seems to work just fine, but the icon is messed up.

This is usually caused by an update to the Logos program. (I'm not sure why/how this happens, it just does--sometimes.)

The easiest way to fix it is to remove the icon (unpin this program), then start Logos and pin it again.

Let us know if this does not work.

BTW, are you still on Logos4? If not, why not switch to Logos5? You can do so for free, or by paying for what you might want in version 5 that isn't included in version 4 (the free upgrade to 5 includes all you have in 4; other paid upgrades include more).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 39
Ryan Boyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 8 2014 3:17 PM

Richard,

Thank you for the reply.  I tried your suggestions with several combinations of starting and restarting, etc. and I still have the same problem

Most of the Logos sales stuff entices me a good deal, but I'm normally able to keep from biting.  Ok...you made me bite.  I am under the impression that it will costs several hundred dollars to upgrade to Logos 5.  I just talked to a rep on the phone about something like a $500 upgrade.  What is this you are telling me about a FREE upgrade?  You got me.

Posts 39
Ryan Boyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 8 2014 3:26 PM

Disregard.  I found a link that describes the whole thing.  I wish I had known about it sooner.  I owe you a double thanks, Richard.

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 8 2014 4:05 PM

Ryan Boyer:

Disregard.  I found a link that describes the whole thing.  I wish I had known about it sooner.  I owe you a double thanks, Richard.

You're welcome.

Did you install Logos 5? Did this fix the icon issue on the task bar (you'll need to remove the Logos4 taskbar shortcut, to put the Logos5 shortcut there)?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 39
Ryan Boyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 8 2014 6:00 PM

I installed it and it fixed my issue.  Thanks.

Ryan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS