Personal Books

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 73
Martin J Webster | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 10 2014 5:28 PM

Having successfully loaded a number of "personal Books" from docx files on my desktop computer, after closing the desktop and opening my laptop I could see the recently created personal books listed, but when I went to open them on the laptop, I received the message "You don't have a license to view this resource".

But of course I do have a license!

Can anybody help here?

I hope I do not have to load them twice!

Thanks.

Martin.

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 5:42 PM

Martin J Webster:
I hope I do not have to load them twice!

I'm sorry but you do have to do this. PB's are not synced with Logos' servers at this point so have to be loaded individually on each machine you want them to appear.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 289
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 5:43 PM

I may be wrong but I think you have to load them again on each computer. I know they don't show up on my iPad. I'm waiting for logos to have the ability to share personal books with friends. 

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 6:04 PM

Personal books do not show up on mobile devices.

Second, instead of loading all your docx files on a computer and compiling them all, in your resources file the personal books compiled are the ones with *.lbspbb extensions. Copy them to a flash drive and then from the new computer SCAN the folder from within Logos. Restart - you will have working versions of the PB books! All the other metadata IS synced.

I keep a folder of .lbspbbs syncd between my primary "building" laptop, and Dropbox, so my other two computers can just scan the Dropbox folder and restart with all PBs current. Works very nicely.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 8:06 AM

Logos should change the wording of their error message. Not only it is wrong, it is confusing!

Posts 73
Martin J Webster | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 9:08 AM

Thanks very much for the replies.

I did get the *.lbspbb files across to the laptop computer but I still had to compile the books again!

However it all worked out well enough.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 9:48 AM

Martin J Webster:
I did get the *.lbspbb files across to the laptop computer but I still had to compile the books again!

You should not have to do that if you:

1. Put .lbspbb files in a folder, sav C:\PB - they just have to be here temporarily

2. from Logos command box type 'SCAN C:\PB' without the quotes.

3. Close Logos, restart Logos. 

It will index briefly based on how many PBs you have, and then your PBs will be available. You DO NOT have to recompile, I do this all the time.

Posts 27430
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 5:59 PM

Martin J Webster:

To add just one small thing to what Don wrote: The lbspbb files ARE the compiled personal books! 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS