OT: Thanks for Prayers...

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 13 2014 8:14 AM

For those who knew about my wife's valiant struggle with lung cancer (since Thanksgiving 2011), I want to thank you for all your prayers. I'm claiming she won the battle, since from 9:05 Sunday morning, 3/9/14, & on, she's chilling with Jesus--done with suffering & completely healed.

Overnight Sun/Mon, my deep peace began to return with the renewal of God's promise that all would be OK. We've known since shortly after her diagnosis that all w/b ok, even if we never knew what ok looked like. Overnight Mon/Tues, my deep joy began to return, & I was able to be joyful at her healing & presence in glory with Jesus.

Last night, Overnight last night, my ability to find pleasure in simple routine was restored.

Weeping continues on & off, but healing has begun & He who's begun this good work in us will be faithful to complete it, too.

I'd invite you to continue praying with me for our granddaughter, whom we're raising. She's 16yo, & at 63yo I'm now a single parent. Smile She's worth every bit of the effort (honors student, etc.), & resumed school (her strong desire) the next day.

Many thanks for all your prayers.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 8:23 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I'm sorry for your loss while at the same time rejoicing with you that she is now pain-free in the presence of Christ. I have prayed in the past after reading your posts and will try to remember to pray in the days ahead. May the Lord give you the grace you need in the days ahead as you mourn the loss of your wife and adjust to being a single parent while raising your granddaughter.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 8:24 AM

Praying for the road ahead...

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 10769
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 8:27 AM

Bruce expressed the thoughts I had and couldn't find adquate words for. Praying for you,

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 9:24 AM

Praying God's continued blessings upon you and your granddaughter as you both continue on the journey he has for the both of you.

Posts 9240
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 9:28 AM

Bill,

I grieve with you in the loss of the one you loved the most besides the Lord. I am sure that after the struggle she's been through that knowing she's been released and is with the Lord is a source of comfort to you. But the loss remains. No one can take her place. May God's supernatural peace continue to guard your mind and heart and protect your spirit in the months ahead. May all of life some day soon shine through for you, again.

Your granddaughter is a lucky young lady to have you as a grandfather. I will pray for your strength and wisdom as you continue to love her and try to raise her 'right'.

Thanks for sharing so personally with us. You have my prayers.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1797
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 9:47 AM

BillS:
I'd invite you to continue praying with me for our granddaughter, whom we're raising.

Will continue praying for you Yes

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 10740
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:07 PM

BillS:
For those who knew about my wife's valiant struggle with lung cancer (since Thanksgiving 2011), I want to thank you for all your prayers.

Bonnie's FB posts were most inspirational, and I was able to share some of her comments with my Bride and others. I thank God for the privilege of having followed her story these last two years. We will continue to pray for you and Nikki.

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:01 PM

Jack Caviness:

Bonnie's FB posts were most inspirational, and I was able to share some of her comments with my Bride and others. I thank God for the privilege of having followed her story these last two years. We will continue to pray for you and Nikki.

Thanks, Jack. We're going to be ok, and we need your continued prayers... Smile

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:04 PM

Mark Smith:
I will pray for your strength and wisdom as you continue to love her and try to raise her 'right'.

Thanks, Mark. I've been trying hard to keep things normal for her. She's such a great gal. She's worth all the effort.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:05 PM

Claybon Collins Jr:

Praying God's continued blessings upon you and your granddaughter as you both continue on the journey he has for the both of you.

Many thanks for your prayers, Claybon.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:05 PM

NB.Mick:

Praying for you,

Mick

Mick, that ISN'T the least you can do, it's the MOST. THANK YOU!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:08 PM

Bruce Dunning:

May the Lord give you the grace you need in the days ahead as you mourn the loss of your wife and adjust to being a single parent while raising your granddaughter.

Thank so much for your prayers, Bruce.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:08 PM

TCBlack:

Praying for the road ahead...

Thanks so much, Tom.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1738
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:36 PM

I am so sorry for your temporary yet painful loss Bill S.

I have seen Jesus in this post and look forward to meeting you both/all in heaven one day (where all of us Logos posters can catch up on each others lives and service in Christ if that sort of thing is permitted/encouraged in Heaven) unless of course I meet sooner some day - except I live in RI.

I am a new grandfather and glad grandson Isaac's grandparents are both born-again Christians as well as servants in the Church.

God bless your family/church and you as you serve and parent/grandparent/love.

Glory to God....Jesus Lead On!

Posts 28475
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:54 PM

BillS:
I'd invite you to continue praying with me for our granddaughter, whom we're raising. She's 16yo, & at 63yo I'm now a single parent. Smile She's worth every bit of the effort (honors student, etc.), & resumed school (her strong desire) the next day.

Sorry for your loss, forum friend. I will be praying for you both. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 170
Daniel NM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 7:21 PM

Greetings Bill,

BillS:

I offer my sincere condolences for your temporary loss. I will certainly be praying for you as you keep on pressing on, for strength and healing. Thank you for sharing your heart feelings.

<!-- -->

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 8:25 PM

BillS:

Weeping continues on & off, but healing has begun & He who's begun this good work in us will be faithful to complete it, too.

Bill,

Thanks for the update.

Every time that I would see your avatar as you faithfully updated forum users about free Vyrso titles, I wondered how your wife was doing and prayed for you.

I will continue to pray for you and your granddaughter. I know that both of you feel the loss in your life.

Edwin

Posts 2083
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 4:51 AM

I will also be praying for you and the road ahead!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 5:20 AM

Joseph Turner:

I will also be praying for you and the road ahead!

+ 1 from me Bill.

May the Lord bless you and keep you - and your family - during this difficult time. 

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS