Where does Logos 5 store Notes?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Pastor Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 14 2014 1:21 AM

I need to reformat my HD (Mac) and don't want to lose the personal notes I've written in Logos 5. Could someone please tell me whether they are actually stored on my Mac (and if so, where), or attached somehow to my Logos Library? Failing this, is there a way to do a backup and restore of those notes? Thanks for the help. 

Posts 2753
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 1:49 AM

A backup of your notes (used for syncing) should be held in the cloud(logos server), before you format type "sync now" in command box to ensure they are up-to-date  in cloud, after reinstall they will automatically be retrieved from the cloud and reinstated

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 24242
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 1:51 AM

Hi Pastor Scott - and welcome to the forums

Pastor Scott:
Could someone please tell me whether they are actually stored on my Mac (and if so, where), or attached somehow to my Logos Library?

They are stored within a database as part of your Logos library.

As such, assuming you have Internet access enabled within your Logos environment, they are automatically synced to Logos servers and will automatically be downloaded when you reinstall Logos. To check this you can go to https://documents.logos.com/ (signing in using your Logos credentials) and you should see your notes and other documents you have created.

Pastor Scott:
Failing this, is there a way to do a backup and restore of those notes?

Not really - there are mechanisms to export them but no real way of getting them back (last I checked)

Hope this helps

One other thing to consider - there are various options which can help remove the need for a full download outlined at http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_Multiple_Macs

Graham

Posts 3
Pastor Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 2:34 AM

Thanks Dominic and Graham. This is as I had hoped it would be.

Graham, I unfortunately don't really have the option of a less-than-full download of Logos. I am having some serious system instability issues and I need to do a full wipe of my internal HD in order to do a clean install of the OS and start fresh. That will of course necessitate reinstall of all apps as well. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Also, I did verify that my documents are on the server. I'm Old School, and used to having everything on my HD. This "cloud" stuff is still a little like Black Magic to me, so I just didn't want to have my cloud data deleted simply because I uninstalled the program that put it there, :-). I'm not technologically illiterate, but it's getting harder for this sin-cursed brain to keep up with the pace of technological advancement. Thanks again for your help.

God bless.

Posts 29034
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 3:40 AM

Pastor Scott:
Graham, I unfortunately don't really have the option of a less-than-full download of Logos. I am having some serious system instability issues and I need to do a full wipe of my internal HD in order to do a clean install of the OS and start fresh. That will of course necessitate reinstall of all apps as well. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You do have the option! What Graham advised would mean that you would utilize an external hard drive, move the data files over, and utilize them AFTER you wipe your HD. Why isn't that an option for you?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10812
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 4:23 AM

Pastor Scott:
I need to reformat my HD (Mac) and don't want to lose the personal notes I've written in Logos 5.

Do you have a second HD? Then, Time Machine is your best option.

Posts 3
Pastor Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 11:22 AM

Thanks 'bama. Was the end of a long day when I read Graham's post and I 1) misunderstood what he was saying, 2) made a faulty assumption, 3) didn't have it in me at that time of night (morning?) to actually pursue the link to investigate the method. I see now that I can save the data file, so I'll certainly do that as a precaution if nothing else.

Posts 87
Stephen Kao | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 15 2014 2:20 PM

Thanks Graham for sharing the documents links on Logos server.

I didn't know Logos provide that to its user until today.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS