Web Page Viewer in Logos

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 15 2014 8:49 PM

I don't know if this has ever been suggested before but I would love to see the ability to open a webpage in a logos tab.  I use quite a few online resources in conjunction with Logos and I would love to be able to open a tab and view my webpage there.  Anyone else interested in a feature like that?

Posts 21917
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 16 2014 12:19 AM

Hi William

It has been mentioned a few times but it didn't seem to generate much interest and I don't recall Logos responding to it.

Out of interest - why would this be better than having a separate browser window open?

Graham

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 16 2014 12:34 AM

William Hungerford:

I don't know if this has ever been suggested before but I would love to see the ability to open a webpage in a logos tab.  I use quite a few online resources in conjunction with Logos and I would love to be able to open a tab and view my webpage there.  Anyone else interested in a feature like that?

There was once a bug which allowed this to happen, and some people said they quite liked it! I seem to remember programmers saying it was a security risk.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 16 2014 10:36 AM

William Hungerford:

It's quite simple to use your browser to open a site and then use <alt-tab> to switch between Logos and the site.  I really don't see much advantage to having it open in Logos.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 16 2014 11:13 AM

True, George. But you're forgetting you could put the web-based Biblia as a window in Logos5.   This would be delightful and completely free of any logic!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS