March Madness Hyperbola Curve

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 21 2014 9:24 PM

It's funny in a sad way that my interest in the MM results keeps decreasing. There was literally nothing I was interested in from the latest round. Nothing.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 2774
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 4:56 AM
I think there is more interest in how the votes go. Only a few books interest me now and very little is must have. There's more in my library to keep me content forever. I'd like to see Logos concentrate more on bringing prepub works to completion than promotion. The real strength of Logos is in the library, but unless they focus on that golden egg, promos are nothing more than a distraction.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 190
Paul Chatfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 6:01 AM

David Paul:

It's funny in a sad way that my interest in the MM results keeps decreasing. There was literally nothing I was interested in from the latest round. Nothing.

I have found it interesting that Carson and Wright have both made it quite far despite being winners in previous years.  I figured most people would vote them out in order to get a different author's works discounted ... do you think

a) it's indicative of many new users there are that missed previous March Madnesses

b) just that they're not interested in works of others

c) they're hoping that different works will be discounted if they win?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 6:24 AM

Paul Chatfield:

do you think

a) it's indicative of many new users there are that missed previous March Madnesses

b) just that they're not interested in works of others

c) they're hoping that different works will be discounted if they win?

Probably all three, plus some users may not have been able to afford all they wanted in previous years.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5905
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 7:23 AM

Sad

Round 2 books so far has thrown up the most number of books to consider.  Round 4 there is nothing on offer since I already own all the titles being offered.  Shame authors like Kaiser didn't make it further.

David Paul:

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 7:33 AM

With all the griping and grousing about who did and didn't make it to the later rounds (a permanent and ingrained element of MM that eliminating cheating cannot ever fix), I don't know why more people aren't supporting my March Gladness idea. Are folks so attached to chance and fate that getting to choose one's own "sale destiny" holds no appeal?

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 4162
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 7:36 AM

David - I suggest making a uservoice and getting people to vote for it.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS