Media Notes Suggestion

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
PeteDaCatholic | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 22 2014 10:50 AM

Media Notes

What I would like to see in Logos would be the ability to add our own media to our libraries. 

Photo Album: 

Just a simple photo album where we can add Meta data and information to our own pictures. By doing this we would be able to make these photos available in our collections etc. 

Audio and Video:

A simple editor that would allow us to add Audio and Video. What I would like to see is a way to record a part of an Audio or Video file or the whole thing into our libraries. Again, adding Meta data and information. As feature of this the editor would allow us to Chapterize the media and add Meta data to the chapters. 

Once in the our Libraries these resources can show up as part of the Passage guide and can be used as any other resource. Either in it's entirety, by chapters, or segments. 

Part of this would be the ability to add a media note to our Bibles and books. For example: if I wanted to add a media note to John 3:16 then a special symbol would be added at that place in the Bible with a drop down that the user can describe the file. If I chose to look at, watch, or listen then that media could open in a note window. 

The reason I bring this up is because I have plenty of pictures from pilgrimages as well as lots of audio lectures on Mp3 and from podcasts as well as video I have purchased from conferences I have attended. This is all useful information that would be of great use if I could access it within Logos. It would also mean that Logos could sell this type of Media. 

I own an app for my iPad that allows me to bookmark and notate audio lectures. This also would be a nice feature. 

And lastly, what also would be useful is a way to add a Bible Reference Milestone to a media file much the same way that one would add one to a Personal Book. For example: Let's say one is watching a Lecture and the lecturer says John 3:16 we could add a Milestone at that point in the video and that place in our preferred bible would open up. 

Anyways…. 

Thanks for making Logos the best Bible Study Software on the planet. 

God Bless,

Pete

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS