Logos CEO in London -- meet up?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1600
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 24 2014 8:35 PM

I will be in London beginning 30 March, for business and some leisure (The British Museum!).

If there are any Logos users who would like to meet, it would be my pleasure to get together, whether for a conversation, or even a short talk on what's happening at Logos, future plans, etc.

-- Bob

Posts 3795
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 24 2014 8:44 PM

A friend who lives near London gave me a tour of the British Museum - things they had discovered that were talked about, or that talked about things in scripture. My favorite was a mock burning bush with a ram caught in it that dates to the time of Abraham. Though it was neat to see things from the city of Nineveh, and the six legged assyrian sculptures of animals

Drop me an email, and I can connect you two by email. He is an american working as a consultant in the UK - someone who could likely use Logos, but isn't currently an owner. you may have to read between the lines a bit on what consultant means... I trust you're smart enough to figure it out. Those that do figure it out, don't post the answer. His context is sensitive.

If you're in town on a sunday and the weather is good, check out Speakers Corner in hyde park for some witnessing opportunities. It can be intense, and the people there are a match for most. But its a sharpening experience, and if nothing else it gives you an idea of the current cultural forces pulling on London.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum (etc),  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Silver

Posts 9944
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 24 2014 11:03 PM

abondservant:
 you may have to read between the lines a bit on what consultant means

Let anyone who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches.

passim, Re 2, 3

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 18841
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 12:25 AM

Bob Pritchett:

I will be in London beginning 30 March, for business and some leisure (The British Museum!).

If there are any Logos users who would like to meet, it would be my pleasure to get together, whether for a conversation, or even a short talk on what's happening at Logos, future plans, etc.

-- Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for flagging this.

I would have liked to take you up on your offer but I can't get into London that week.

Enjoy your trip, Graham 

Posts 856
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 3:24 AM

Bob Pritchett:

...it would be my pleasure to get together, whether for a conversation, or even a short talk on what's happening at Logos, future plans, etc.

-- Bob

Bob, there is a teeming multitude that would LOVE to hear "what's happening at Logos, future plans, etc.".  If you do have that opportunity, please have someone record it and make it available online to us!

"I read dead people..."

Posts 7877
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 4:10 AM

Bob, what a generous offer. If you are ever in Toronto Canada I'd be interested in meeting up. Maybe you could make a tour of it. Wink

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 683
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:25 AM

Bob Pritchett:

-- Bob

I may take you up on this Bob. I'm in a transition so this and next week could be a bit busy for me though....If I could, any chance you'd be willing to come out to West London near Heathrow Airport for a cup of tea or for some South Asian curry?

Cheers

ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 909
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 3:43 PM

I work in central London and would be really interested to hear how you see things. What is more I promise not to moan or bleat about anything nor indeed to make fun of what I am sure is your hopelessly American sense of style in what is the worlds premier city.

Also being a civil servant I can generally sneak of whenever is convenient to you.

Posts 856
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 4:13 PM

Mike Pettit:
Also being a civil servant I can generally sneak of whenever is convenient to you.

Some things transcend culture Beer

"I read dead people..."

Posts 856
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 4:14 PM

Mike Pettit:

Some things transcend culture Beer

"I read dead people..."

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 5:21 PM

If you happen to be connecting in Atlanta I can meet up with you. Smile

Posts 172
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 9:33 PM

I had a chance to meet Dan Pritchett here in Beijing last year. A really great guy!  I bet Bob is just as nice. If Bob ever considers a trip to Beijing, he's welcome to join me for Beijing Muslim-style BBQ beef where I took Dan.

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:11 PM

Kendall, you sure know how to pick the restaurants! I had a driver that wouldn't let me go back to tat restaurant. He took me to one around the corner next to McDonalds, and it was no way near as good as the one you took me to. It was great meeting you and your family. You will always be my Beijing restaurant guide!  :-)

Posts 172
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 12:20 AM

Dan, you're welcome back anytime!

It's true that very, very few people who come to Beijing actually get to eat traditional Beijing food. I guess that less than 1% of restaurants serve it. Most of the people in Beijing, and the restaurants, are from other parts of China.

Food and Logos go together very well, IMHO.

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 2:28 AM

Hi Bob

Would live to meet up if your diary permits, at the moment I'm in London and available Tuesday morning.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.