MISSING BOOK in Reformed package, Please honor!

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1890
mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 25 2014 5:10 AM

I took screen-shots (8shots) the day I bought my reformed package, and I just got around now to check the list.

There's ONE book that I haven't gotten that was promised when I purchased the Reformed package, Twenty Centuries of Christian Worship (Library of Christian Worship: Volume 2)

PLEASE Logos, honor this. Thank you.

ps/edit:This was the original list when I started this thread, but then Logos decided to remove the resource secretly later on(just like other packages)

I'm asking Logos to honor those who purchased the package with the complete resources. thank you

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:27 AM

Interesting. It doesn't seem to be currently listed as a book in the Reformed Platinum list right now. https://www.logos.com/product/37766/reformed-platinum Perhaps they changed it. What day did you buy it?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:31 AM

I have it, I got it as part of The Complete Library of Christian Worship, and it still shows there. If you bought that or in any case, you may want to call customer service - it could be an unlock that was missed that is easily rectified.

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:47 AM

Strange. I too remember it being on the list. Richard D & Rosie P both recommended that series to me a while back and I've had it on my list since, so it stood out to me when I was perusing the list titles. I didn't realize it didn't make it to my library. I note that it did not make it into the report of "New to Me" titles that Logos sent me, but Ken did capture it when updating the unofficial Base Package List.

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:52 AM

Randy W. Sims:

Strange. I too remember it being on the list. Richard D & Rosie P both recommended that series to me a while back and I've had it on my list since, so it stood out to me when I was perusing the list titles. I didn't realize it didn't make it to my library. I note that it did not make it into the report of "New to Me" titles that Logos sent me, but Ken did capture it when updating the unofficial Base Package List.

Good reminder. Perhaps that's were I saw it before too as it is listed in Ken's unofficial list.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 650
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 8:22 AM

It was on the list for Platinum Reformed on release day when I got it - but I don't seem to have it either.

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 9:13 AM

Confirmed.  I purchased the Platinum Reformed very early on as well, but did not receive the book either.     

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 9:25 AM

This title is not missing, but was wrongly listed when the product first went live. Apparently, the initial list was an older one, before this title was removed to make space for other titles.

Sorry for any confusion its brief appearance might have caused.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 3455
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 10:04 AM

I don't have it either. I'm sure it's just an oversight.

mm.

mm.

Posts 3958
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 10:51 AM

I also don't have it.

I do remember seeing it when I collected the information for what is included.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Platinum & Baptist Platinum.

Posts 9174
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:32 AM

Gabe Martini:

I know in the past Logos has honored their mistakes even when downright costly. Shouldn't we assume they will do this in this case? (It seems that folks should receive what was on the web page when they purchased, no?)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 103
Roger G Black | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:48 AM

I looked, since I just bought the Platinum Reformed, not in my list either.  It sounds like a wonderful addition to have in the package, don't know why they dropped it.

Rog

Rog {BlueBird} Cool

Posts 3958
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:58 AM

Roger G Black:

I looked, since I just bought the Platinum Reformed, not in my list either.  It sounds like a wonderful addition to have in the package, don't know why they dropped it.

Rog

Probably because it couldn't be included in the base package at the price they are offering the base package at.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Platinum & Baptist Platinum.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 12:04 PM

In our desire to include key texts such as Bavinck and Muller, we had to make some tough choices. But we appreciate your feedback, and will look at where it might fit in future versions or additions to the Reformed lineup. 

Faithlife

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 1:03 PM

Gabe Martini:

This title is not missing, but was wrongly listed when the product first went live. Apparently, the initial list was an older one, before this title was removed to make space for other titles.

I believe you when you say the resource was wrongly listed, but to be blunt, you shouldn't have gone live with the list until it had been checked, double-checked and even triple checked. There were many of us who made purchase decisions based upon what you published.

This is something that happened around Christmas with the 500 book bundle, and you rightly honored the mistake you made and unlocked the additional resources you later took off the list.

Being sorry for the confusion isn't the appropriate response to your loyal customers. Taking responsibility for the offer you put out there is the appropriate response.

Posts 650
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 1:08 PM

Yes, it definitely was one of the (admittedly many) books that swung me towards buying it seeing I already had the likes of Bavinck, Muller etc.

Posts 3958
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 1:27 PM

Bill Anderson:

Gabe Martini:

I believe you when you say the resource was wrongly listed, but to be blunt, you shouldn't have gone live with the list until it had been checked, double-checked and even triple checked. There were many of us who made purchase decisions based upon what you published.

This is something that happened around Christmas with the 500 book bundle, and you rightly honored the mistake you made and unlocked the additional resources you later took off the list.

Being sorry for the confusion isn't the appropriate response to your loyal customers. Taking responsibility for the offer you put out there is the appropriate response.

As I recall, someone had mentioned the day of the package release that the individual who put the package together had been up all night finalizing some of the details making a package that worked.

So a book slipped through... From my perspective - since its part two of a series, I'm less interested in having it (though if Logos does give it to all of us who made the purchase early - before the change - I am interested in getting it) because of that fact. I wouldn't watch Iron Man 2 without having watched Iron Man 1, I wouldn't read any book set out of sequence that wasn't designed to be read in such a way.

I say we as a community should extend Logos some grace on this one. We've all made mistakes. Isn't it nice when people extend us grace when we make them? Lets do the same for Logos.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 1:38 PM

Bill Anderson:

Have you contacted Customer Service about this? They can make sure you are covered on this mistake.

EDIT: To be more clear, I wasn't trying to excuse anything, nor were we trying to be deceptive. I was simply explaining the background on what happened, and why. The ultimate reason is because we wanted to build a better, more strongly Reformed base package. We are happy to rectify something that was our error. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on that front. Thanks!

Faithlife

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 1:50 PM

abondservant:
I say we as a community should extend Logos some grace on this one. We've all made mistakes. Isn't it nice when people extend us grace when we make them? Lets do the same for Logos.

Well said! Yes

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:18 PM

Gabe Martini:

Bill Anderson:

Have you contacted Customer Service about this? They can make sure you are covered on this mistake.

EDIT: To be more clear, I wasn't trying to excuse anything, nor were we trying to be deceptive. I was simply explaining the background on what happened, and why. The ultimate reason is because we wanted to build a better, more strongly Reformed base package. We are happy to rectify something that was our error. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on that front. Thanks!

Gabe, as I said, I believe your explanation of what happened. Thanks for your willingness to address the mistake.

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS