Fee! 1 Corinthians! Hallelujah!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 193
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 25 2014 8:37 PM

I am so glad they put Fee's 1 Corinthians volume in the March Madness sale!! This is the best I've felt in a long time. I have wanted this volume for years, but for a long time it didn't come out in Logos format in English, sold separately.

I just want to say, to all the Logos folks who made this happen: Thanks a million!  It feels like Christmas!

God bless you Bob and Dan and all the team! Party!!!Party!!!

Posts 2836
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 8:39 PM

Yes

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 9:00 PM

Kendall Sholtess:

I am so glad they put Fee's 1 Corinthians volume in the March Madness sale!! This is the best I've felt in a long time. I have wanted this volume for years, but for a long time it didn't come out in Logos format in English, sold separately.

I just want to say, to all the Logos folks who made this happen: Thanks a million!  It feels like Christmas!

God bless you Bob and Dan and all the team! Party!!!Party!!!

I already have the set in Logos. I had Fee in paper. I think it is one of the best commentaries I've ever used. I highly recommend it.

This sale is a good chance to pick it and other NIC titles up on sale.

Posts 193
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 9:27 PM

I just found out that Fee's commentary goes well with a Peking Duck dinner! I wonder if he knows it...

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 10:21 PM

I have been waiting for Fee's I Cor. to go on sale also so will pick that up as well as the other two while they are 50% off. Thanks Logos! 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 10:23 PM

Shame !  You don't say that until the Great Vigil of Easter when it is declared "Christ is risen."  Then you can say it with gusto.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 193
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 12:15 AM

I am singing with the angels who stand around His throne. Praise God for able expositors!

However, I do sympathize with the drama of Lent climaxing in Holy Week and finally, at the stroke of midnight, Christos Anesti!

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 2:53 AM

George Somsel:
Shame !  You don't say that until the Great Vigil of Easter

Depends on what rite you're in. I believe the Orthodox use it all through Lent, and others use it for Annunciation, which, incidentally, is what it was yesterday.

Besides, it's only really forbidden during Mass, the Liturgy of the Hours, and other official services of the Church. I don't know of any rule that forbids its use on the internet, or e g in a choir practice for Easter. Though of course "thinking with the Church" as much as possible is a good thing.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 3:01 AM

fgh:

George Somsel:
Shame !  You don't say that until the Great Vigil of Easter

Depends on what rite you're in. I believe the Orthodox use it all through Lent, and others use it for Annunciation, which, incidentally, is what it was yesterday.

Mennonites have no practice of avoiding it during Lent. Nor do any of the other non-liturgical traditions as far as I'm aware.

Posts 193
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 7:17 AM

I think you are right Rosie. In the Anabaptist tradition liturgy was seen as empty rites. In retrospect it may have been a necessary overreaction to the abuses of the time period.

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 7:20 AM

Kendall Sholtess:

I think you are right Rosie. In the Anabaptist tradition liturgy was seen as empty rites. In retrospect it may have been a necessary overreaction to the abuses of the time period.

Its hard to make sweeping across the board statements about the anabaptist tradition... Been reading about them lately, and they seem to be a little frenetic in that they - pretty much from the start - had a number of factions that believed differently.

Some people trace their baptist heritage through them, and others not. My baptist school teaches not.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 2836
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 7:34 AM

abondservant:

Its hard to make sweeping across the board statements about the anabaptist tradition... Been reading about them lately, and they seem to be a little frenetic in that they - pretty much from the start - had a number of factions that believed differently.

As opposed to other "Baptists" or "Methodists" or "Presbyterians" who don't have factions that believe differently?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 8:10 AM

Michael Childs:

abondservant:

As opposed to other "Baptists" or "Methodists" or "Presbyterians" who don't have factions that believe differently?

And for anyone in the Episcopal Church to be considered a heretic is almost unheard of.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 9:07 AM

Certainly, most traditions are not quite so monolithic as one might believe. There are reformed, and un-reformed SBC churches, liberal (though these are a dying breed in my tradition), conservative, and crazy conservative (separate water coolers for boys and girls crazy). Most of us are in the middle... But from the start, there seemed to be more disparity in groups in the anabaptist tradition. *shrug* its an observation, not a condemnation :)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 9:36 AM

Back on topic!

Kendall Sholtess:
I am so glad they put Fee's 1 Corinthians volume in the March Madness sale!!

I had to make a really hard call between 1 Corinthians and God's Empowering Presence. The lot came down on the latter. cf 1 Sa 14:42. Now if Fee had won the Championship … Perhaps I could have afforded both.

It was the best of times; it was the worst of times. Tongue Tied Win-win and lose-lose.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS