Thinking of purchasing Wright's For Everyone Series?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 28 2014 2:01 AM

If you're thinking of purchasing Wright's New Testament For Everyone Series, you might like to know it's included in Anglican Starter. If you already have a base package, you should get a decent discount on that, which should make it more affordable than buying Wright on his own, especially with the 15% discount currently on offer:

https://www.logos.com/product/37756/anglican-starter 

Posts 6405
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 30 2014 6:21 PM

Hi Mark, thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think it'll be any cheaper as Anglican upgrades have proven to be more expensive for some reason.  I already own Wright's NT for Everyone Series and I still have to pay $98 bucks to upgrade to "Starter."  As it is right now, I already own Platinum, Nelson's Reference Bundle and a bunch of other resources that I guess don't really make a difference in my upgrade price.  At first, I thought of Anglican Bronze, but right now for me it's $270, so it's not really worth it just to get the OT for everyone series.  I personally don't care about the other resources the package contains.  In fact, I had even considered a Reformed package, but I think I'll just pay $30 for Matthew Poole (which is the only one that interests me) and then finish completing Exegetical Summaries and Preaching the Word when Logos 6 comes out or when finances allow.  The new Base Packages seem to be more expensive for some reason.  Yes, lots of new content for me, but nothing that catches my attention or that it's a "must have." 

I don't know, your suggestion might help others, so maybe others can benefit from it.  Thanks, though.

DAL

Posts 26525
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 30 2014 9:41 PM

DAL:
Anglican upgrades have proven to be more expensive for some reason.

The Anglican packages have exactly the same price structure as the other packages (with the exception of the Verbum packages). If they appear more expensive for you, that simply means that you have fewer of the books already i.e. you are purchasing more books.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 10:27 AM

Mark Barnes:

If you're thinking of purchasing Wright's New Testament For Everyone Series, you might like to know it's included in Anglican Starter. If you already have a base package, you should get a decent discount on that, which should make it more affordable than buying Wright on his own, especially with the 15% discount currently on offer:

https://www.logos.com/product/37756/anglican-starter 

Very helpful suggestion, Mark.  Thanks.

Posts 506
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 11:24 AM

Thanks for pointing this out, Mark.  I can indeed grab the Anglican Starter for less than the For Everyone series by itself.  Very tempting. 

Posts 6405
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 5 2014 5:27 PM

MJ. Smith:

DAL:
Anglican upgrades have proven to be more expensive for some reason.

The Anglican packages have exactly the same price structure as the other packages (with the exception of the Verbum packages). If they appear more expensive for you, that simply means that you have fewer of the books already i.e. you are purchasing more books.

I meant the upgrade price, but no worries.  I made some calls and some returns and I got the Starter Package that contains NT for Everyone Series at a much cheaper price.  So for now I'll settle for that.  I think I have most of the things I need and don't really need, so upgrades to other packages won't happen unless something prompts me to get one; but for now, I'm good.  Starter gave me over 40 new resources at a great bargain, better than March Madness on NT Wright alone...so not a bad idea after all.

DAL

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 5 2014 8:05 PM

Thanks for the heads-up Mark.  I've been waiting to get the "Everyone" series and your tip helped me save quite a bit.  Thank you! :)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS