NOW AVAILABLE: Lutheran Base Packages

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 55 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 8:39 AM

MJ. Smith:
The combination of posts from a Logos employee and from a Logos user led me to believe that Concordia proved to be a problem. As the user said "we LCMS don't play well together" - or something to that effect. My new ELCA minister daughter-in-law laughingly confirmed that over lunch today.

I too grinned when I read his remarks.  While "LCMS don't play well with others" (my paraphrase of his statement), they are by far not the only group within Christianity that "doesn't play well with others."  

For me, this is very sad.  While we do have our differences, what binds us together is by far greater than our differences.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 8:59 AM

Peace and Joy and Blessings and Good Will to my Sisters and Brothers on these Logos Community Forums!

*smile*

My original post has been edited (favourably!) because the original purpose of my original post changed!             For the vastly better, eh?!

*smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 9:38 AM

post deleted

in deference to my brother Milford Charles Murphy

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 10:20 AM

Peace, Matthew!                   My Dear Brother!                                    You are getting -- Praise God!!! -- wiser Every Day, eh?!

I Pray that Nina and your family would agree as they love you -- and you love them! -- Day by Day!

Thank you very much!  Your concerns for the welfare of our Logos Forums are appreciated by me!  *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 11:19 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

tom:

MJ. Smith:
The combination of posts from a Logos employee and from a Logos user led me to believe that Concordia proved to be a problem. As the user said "we LCMS don't play well together" - or something to that effect. My new ELCA minister daughter-in-law laughingly confirmed that over lunch today.

I too grinned when I read his remarks.  While "LCMS don't play well with others" (my paraphrase of his statement), they are by far not the only sect of Christianity that "doesn't play well with others."  

For me, this is very sad.  While we do have our differences, what binds us together is by far greater than our differences.

Peace, Tom!                 Blessings and Every Good Wish Indeed!

Just a little bit of a favour for you to consider, please ......

if you could "edit" your post and remove the connection of the LCMS away from the phrase ....  "by far not the only sect of Christianity"  ...

I am a Pastoral Member of the LCMS, and I personally confess that I (by God's Grace!!!) ... that I believe in the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church        ...........                        and shudder to think anyone might possibly think me to be a member of a sect ...

Tom, I've observed your   (and MJ's!) posts for years now, and I know this is NOT what you believe or are saying ....    I think your keyboard just "got carried away" a little ...             *smile*

So, if you're able to edit, I'll try to be "in time" to edit this, my response to you, so that this could all be relegated to a distant memory,eh?!

My First Edit of this post:               What I would try to do is simply to remove the "content" of my reply to you.                *smile*

Hi Milford,

ugh . . . words . . . they can be so confusing.

I tend to use the first definition of sect 

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sect:
a religious group that is a smaller part of a larger group and whose members all share similar beliefs.

so often that I forgot the second definition of the word sect

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sect:
a religious or political group that is connected to a larger group but that has beliefs that differ greatly from those of the main group

This being said,

I am sorry how my use of this word offended some people.  This was not my intent.

And I want to say thank you for bringing this topic to my attention.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 11:53 AM

I do thank God for His Holy Spirit and for our mutual commitment in Christ to serve Him by loving and serving one another!    *smile*

Blessings to Tom, and Matthew, and MJ, and Ken, and all!          Indeed!

So many of the distinctions and distractions that separate us have never, ever come from the Holy Spirit -- the Sanctifier and the Encourager and the Prompter of the One Holy Catholic Christian and Apostolic Church, eh?!                     *smile*

Posts 31866
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 1:28 PM

tom:
they are by far not the only group within Christianity that "doesn't play well with others."  

Very true - there are a number of groups that I simply assume this is true of but there are occasionally surprises - often with identifiable history behind them.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 239
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 5:16 AM

I took a closer look on the Lutheran base packages and noticed that there's (at least) one more popular and important Lutheran resource missing: Lenski's commentaries (that are included in the regular Platinum thought).

(That doesn't affect me personally since I have it already, but many new users would like it.)

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 6:52 AM

Mikko Paavola:
I took a closer look on the Lutheran base packages and noticed that there's (at least) one more popular and important Lutheran resource missing: Lenski's commentaries (that are included in the regular Platinum thought).

I noticed that too.  Maybe Logos will include Lenski in a Lutheran Platinum package. Smile

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 10:01 AM

Mikko Paavola:
I took a closer look on the Lutheran base packages and noticed that there's (at least) one more popular and important Lutheran resource missing: Lenski's commentaries

And The Hammer of God: Revised Edtion.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 5 2014 7:56 AM

As well as Paul Among Jews and Gentiles and Other Essays.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 5 2014 9:25 PM

Super.Tramp:

I noticed that too.  Maybe Logos will include Lenski in a Lutheran Platinum package. Smile

At this time, we have included everything Lutheran that is possible. We'll continue to work to secure rights to more and more products for Base Packages.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 15 2014 1:32 PM

MJ. Smith:

Randy W. Sims:

I talked to several people at Logos who said that would not happen. If you have a preorder reserved and then buy a package containing that resource, then when the preorder is processed it will not charge you. I talked to someone in CS who told me that and then put me through to someone in Products who confirmed it. Is that not true?

That's how it's worked before for me ... I was not charged a second time.

I tested this just to see what would happen and was in fact charged twice without notice, contrary to what Logos told me on the phone. Faber was in the Anglican BP I picked up and I left it on my preorders just to see what would happen (yes, I was asking for it). Just got the email that it was charged,  and I verified it on my card. Sad It's a pain that I have to go through and manually manage this myself.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 15 2014 7:59 PM

Randy W. Sims:

I tested this just to see what would happen and was in fact charged twice without notice

I did the same thing. Same reason. At 6:30PM MST I had an email apologizing for the mistake and saying the charge was refunded. So, it turned out ok.

Posts 1
Andrew Ruddell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 28 2014 4:49 AM

I too was surprised the new Lutheran Base package -Gold doesn't include Lenksi, I was even more surprised that it doesn't include Luther's Works nor the wonderful new CPH commentaries that Logos already has available. I didn't even see the Lutheran Study bible there or the several volumes of Johanne Gerhard's works or even the works of Martin Chemnitz or Melanchthon. It doesn't even have Walther's Church and Ministry or The Proper Distinction between Law and Gospel (CPH). Pieper's Christian Dogmatics and Elert is also missing. These are stunning omissions. Logos already has these well produced volumes and I'm puzzled why they are not included here. Then there are the many books (Preus, Roehrs & Franzmann, Voelz, Bohlmann, Koehler, BofC-Tappert, Kittel, Pannenburg, etc, etc)  that were on the wonderful  9 volume CD set put out several years ago and of course the Luther's Works CD.

Is there any reason why these volumes that Logos sells separately are not included?

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 28 2014 5:41 AM

Andrew Ruddell:

Is there any reason why these volumes that Logos sells separately are not included?

I think in part it might be down to licensing agreements Logos has with different publishers. Because Logos has a licence to sell a resource individually or as part of a larger bundle, it doesn't mean they can necessarily make them a part of a base package. For example, some time ago, I think Baker New Testament Commentary, Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament and Pillar New Testament Commentary used to be a part of the Platinum base package, however I believe the publishers concerned asked Logos to remove them from future base packages and they were pulled.

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS