Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 30 2009 6:03 AM

I just installed Windows 7 on my comjputer and had to re-install Logos 3 (and also Logos 4). However, I could not find the Linbronix DLS folder that before was in My Documents. Where would this folder be located in Windows 7 [so that I could replace it with my previous notes and workspaces etc.)?

Posts 198
Bryan Brodess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 6:35 AM

do you have the 32 bit win 7 or 64 bit win 7? I think it makes a difference..

Posts 23
Kevin Nicholas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 6:44 AM

I believe the default is C:\programdata\libronix DLS. The programdata folder is a hidden folder so go to control panel> appearance and personalization> folder options> select the "view" tab > enable "show hidden files, folders and drives".

Posts 198
Bryan Brodess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:15 AM

Kevin Nicholas:

I believe the default is C:\programdata\libronix DLS. The programdata folder is a hidden folder so go to control panel> appearance and personalization> folder options> select the "view" tab > enable "show hidden files, folders and drives".

Good I am glad someone showed this. I think this is correct for 32 bit version, But if 64 bit version it will be in X86 folder I believe.. I am not at home so can not look it up can someone help??if not when I get home I will look it up..

Posts 23
Kevin Nicholas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:20 AM

actually I looked that up on my 64 bit Win 7. The "program files" folder has an (x86) folder but the "programdata" folder does not have an (x86) folder.

Posts 198
Bryan Brodess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:36 AM

Kevin Nicholas:

actually I looked that up on my 64 bit Win 7. The "program files" folder has an (x86) folder but the "programdata" folder does not have an (x86) folder.

Good, glad someone actually has it and can check. God bless Big Smile

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:25 AM

BillFiess:

I just installed Windows 7 on my comjputer and had to re-install Logos 3 (and also Logos 4). However, I could not find the Linbronix DLS folder that before was in My Documents. Where would this folder be located in Windows 7 [so that I could replace it with my previous notes and workspaces etc.)?

I have Windows 7, 64-bit.

Libronix DLS is located on my machine at C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS. It includes the folders for COMMON, INBOUND, QUESTDATA, RESOURCES, and SYSTEM with their respective subfolders. The CACHE and the LIBRARY with their subfolders are located at C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Roaming\Libronix DLS. My collections are in C:\Users\[yourname]\Documents\Libronix DLS\ along with the respective subfolders such as Annotations, etc.

I know that is too complicated for the human mind to remember where all these things are located. It would be so much easier to have everything in one main folder with appropriate subfolders. But, no one asked me.Stick out tongue

God bless

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 198
Bryan Brodess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:31 AM

Dr. Charles A. Wootten:

BillFiess:

I have Windows 7, 64-bit.

Libronix DLS is located on my machine at C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS. It includes the folders for COMMON, INBOUND, QUESTDATA, RESOURCES, and SYSTEM with their respective subfolders. The CACHE and the LIBRARY with their subfolders are located at C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Roaming\Libronix DLS. My collections are in C:\Users\[yourname]\Documents\Libronix DLS\ along with the respective subfolders such as Annotations, etc.

I know that is too complicated for the human mind to remember where all these things are located. It would be so much easier to have everything in one main folder with appropriate subfolders. But, no one asked me.Stick out tongue

God bless

{charley}

I knew it was confusing. I tried to install 4 in another hard drive, but it something happened that it would not see my libronix library,, because it was in all these other folders.. coinfusing as heck, and forced me to install on my main hardrive..

I try not to do this because it clutters my main drive..  but oh well.. that is what happens when we go to 64 but.. Had same problems when we went to 32 bit if I remember..

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS