Video/audio sync problem (Windows)

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 11
Jeremy Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 30 2014 1:47 PM

I posted this as a response to another thread, but I feel that it warrants its own thread.

I am having an issue on my Windows 7 machine (plenty of horsepower) at church. The video consistently runs behind the audio. It doesn't matter if it is local only or if it has been uploaded to the group. I figured that it was a problem with how the video had been transcribed or maybe even a problem with the codec on the machine since the same video plays fine on my Windows 7 machine at home. So, I did a test. I downloaded a video (mp4) and played it with VLC and Windows Media Player, no problems with either. As soon as I added the video to Proclaim (local machine only) the video started lagging behind the audio. This has happened with every video for the last two weeks. We always run the latest version of Proclaim. I have been able to get around this by having my A/V operator switch to VLC to play the videos, but that is annoying and we would much rather stay in Proclaim for everything. PLEASE HELP!

Posts 8
Jeff Holcomb | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 12:49 PM

This is the same issue that I am having on my machine, albeit with a .mov file rather than a .mp4

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 3:12 PM

Hey Jeremy,

What are the system specs of the computer that is having this problem? I am trying to reproduce the issue with no luck. Therefore I am trying to find a machine that has similar specs to yours.

Posts 11
Jeremy Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 3:55 PM

Here are the specs of my computer:

• Intel Core i5-4440 Processor 3.1GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
  • 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM

I saw that you were able to reproduce Jeff Holcomb's issue using a Windows 7 VM. Do you think that could be the same issue as what I am seeing?

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 4:06 PM

Thanks Jeremy,

Also, which presentation was this happening in? I am trying to find the video(s) that are giving you trouble.

Posts 11
Jeremy Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 5:01 PM

I just created one named "Video Sync Test" that contains only the video that was causing problems. This particular video caused problems whether I played it locally only or if I had it uploaded to the group.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 10:08 AM

Thanks, so I just tried the video in that presentation and it seemed to play fine for me. I am going to be investigating this as well as a few other video related issues, so I will update you with what I find.

Posts 11
Jeremy Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 7 2014 11:48 AM

I tried a couple different videos this weekend that worked fine. The difference being that they were not HD (< 720p). My thought was that because the resolution of the screen is less than that of the HD video maybe Proclaim is doing some sort of scaling that could be causing it to slow down?  Just trying to add a few more data points.

Posts 11
Jeremy Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 24 2015 1:19 PM

I am still seeing this problem. I happens with most videos but not all. I can't seem to figure out what is common across the videos that don't work because once the video is in my library if it doesn't work (meaning that the audio and video are out of sync) if I delete the video item and re-add the video from my library (without uploading it again) the next time it might work. I might have to try this 3-4 more times, but usually I can eventually get it to work. However, then I have to cross my fingers that it will still work once the service starts and we are ready to play it "for real." I am this close to not using Proclaim for videos at all and just switching over to an external video player for videos, because the video ALWAYS work outside of Proclaim. This is 100% a problem with Proclaim.

I have created a presentation called "Video Sync Test" that contains 2 of the videos that we have had problems with recently. In this small presentation they are more likely to work than in our actual Sunday Morning presentation, does that make any more sense?

Please help fix this problem, I love Proclaim, but this problem is very frustrating.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 9:59 AM

Followed up offline.

Posts 153
Jeff Chappell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 22 2015 3:43 PM

We are experiencing this problem. Can you share the fix?

Posts 11
Jeremy Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 22 2015 4:47 PM
This has been driving me nuts!!! On the computer in question the video drivers are up to date, I had downloaded a Windows 7 codec pack, I have played with hardware acceleration, and every other setting I could think of.

Sometimes the same video would fine, sometimes it would cause a BSOD, sometimes it would play, but the video would lag the audio because it was running away only 50% of the normal speed. It was normally on mp4 files.

Then I  found this:

http://blog.techdex.net/Windows_Media_Player_Crashes_Playing_MP4_Files_%28Solved%29.html

It describes a very similar problem. I followed the steps contained in the article and so far, I haven't had any problems. It has only been a few weeks, so I am hesitant to call it fixed, but I am hopeful.
Posts 1
Sindi Kalo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 10:49 AM

I'm having this issue as well, the video and audio go out of sync on FaithlifeTV.
It happens on a Windows 10 machine, a chromebook and an android phone. All have the same issue and it is obviously a FaithlifeTV streaming problem. I don't have this problem with Netflix or Prive Video and it doesn't happen with locally saved mp4 files.

So the problem is clearly with FaithlifeTV streaming.

How do we go about getting Faithlife to look into this bug?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS