attach an existing note to several different passages

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Richard Mast | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 31 2014 4:42 AM

Hello,

I'm new here.  I searched but couldn't find a way to do what I would like to do.  I have a lengthy note that I have written that finds support in several different scriptures.  I would like to go to those scriptures and attach the note to them separately.  I have hyperlinks inside the note so I can go to the verses from the note, but when I run across the verses in general reading, I would like to have the note there to click on.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Richard

Posts 22013
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 5:38 AM

Hi Richard - and welcome to the forums

What you are looking for has been requested by a number of people - and would be a great feature - but not currently available

Logos has a "Uservoice" area where ideas are raised by users and voted on - http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-5/suggestions/1619077-rework-notes-function-in-one-or-multiple-phases which includes the request for the functionality you are looking for has the most number of votes!

There has been some improvement but there is still work to be done

Graham

Posts 14
Richard Mast | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 8:34 AM

Thank you, Graham, for the quick and helpful response.  I appreciate the link.  I immediately gave it my three votes.

Blessings,

Richard

Posts 182
David Sloan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 10:18 AM

When I have done this I have chosen one place to put the note, and then I have added a note to the other places: "See my note on Matt 1:1." By doing this, "Matt 1:1" is hyperlinked, I can click on it, and then I can get to the note from there easily. I have chosen to do this rather than copy-paste the entire note to multiple passages, because I will often update my notes as I further my research, and I don't want one copy of it to get out of date.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS