Notes not showing attached to selected text

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Lecia A. Guill | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 31 2014 4:46 PM

I am having trouble with the "Add a note" feature.  I have not had this problem previously.  I highlighted a verse number and added a note.  The added note now appears attached to the non-biblical text header instead of being attached to the verse number.

Secondly, where I am highlighting a word within a verse and adding a note, the note is no longer attaching to the specific word, but is now displaying as a note attached to the verse.

Third, previously there were additional functions related to adding notes that are no longer displaying as available options.  This includes highlighting the word to which the note was attached, or simply having the note icon displaying prior to the word.

I am assuming that settings were changed in an upgrade, but I have no clue how to fix these issues.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 5:54 PM

Hi Lecia, and welcome to the forums.

Lecia A. Guill:
I highlighted a verse number and added a note.  The added note now appears attached to the non-biblical text header instead of being attached to the verse number.

This has always been the case when you add a note to a verse; nothing new here.  As you can see from my screen print for Psalm 23, I have lots of notes attached to the Psalm, and they display before the non-biblical text header.

Lecia A. Guill:
Secondly, where I am highlighting a word within a verse and adding a note, the note is no longer attaching to the specific word, but is now displaying as a note attached to the verse.

This sounds to me that you are adding the note as reference instead of selection.  When you add a note to a selection, the note indication will only be displayed with that selected text.  When you add a note to a reference, the note indication will be displayed anytime that reference is displayed.  I am not a Logos' guru, so I might have used the wrong terms here.  Here is another screen shot:

In this example, I highlighted the word restores in Psalm 23:3 in the NRSV.  You can see that I currently have the reference tab selected.  If I added a note as a reference, I will see the note icon at the beginning of Psa 23:3 in the NRSV, NIV, KJV, and all of my other bibles.  I will also see the note icon in my commentates (see next screen print).   If I click on selection, the note will be attached only to the word "restores" in PSA 23:3 in the NRSV.  I would see the note here in the NRSV, but I will not see it in the NIV, KJV, or ...

Here you can see my notes for Psa 23 in the Word Biblical Commentary.

Lecia A. Guill:
Third, previously there were additional functions related to adding notes that are no longer displaying as available options.  This includes highlighting the word to which the note was attached, or simply having the note icon displaying prior to the word.

I am note 100% sure what you are trying to say here, but I believe it is related to selection/reference type of note.

I hope this helps

Posts 3
Lecia A. Guill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 6:17 PM

Thank you, Tom!  "Reference" vs. "Selection" was the issue.  That answered all the other questions as well.  I knew it had to be simple.  I just didn't know where to start looking.  Thanks for your time!  Big Smile

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 10:15 PM

Lecia A. Guill:

Thank you, Tom!  "Reference" vs. "Selection" was the issue.  That answered all the other questions as well.  I knew it had to be simple.  I just didn't know where to start looking.  Thanks for your time!  Big Smile

You are welcome.  Anytime you have a question about Logos, ask it here on these forums.  It is very likely that someone knows the answer.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS