Logos 4 still in my Apps on new PC

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 178
Sir Maru | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 31 2014 8:15 PM

I had purchased Logos 4 several years ago.  However, when I purchased a new Window 8.1 PC, I did not install Logos 4 but when I go to Apps on the Start Menu, Logos 4 appears.  It does not appear in my installed programs and features.

How come it still shows in my Apps?

Posts 26823
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 8:31 PM

Because you copied it there?Stick out tongue Seriously, how did you load your new PC? The likely scenario is that you never completely removed Logos 4 from your old computer and so the data transfer to your new computer simply picked it up. Because it was copied not installed you get the situation you describe.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 178
Sir Maru | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 7:14 AM

MJ. Smith:

Because you copied it there?Stick out tongue Seriously, how did you load your new PC? The likely scenario is that you never completely removed Logos 4 from your old computer and so the data transfer to your new computer simply picked it up. Because it was copied not installed you get the situation you describe.

Thanks, I do see under AppData/Local a folder for Logos 4 with 6.09 Gb of contents.  Its not installed in my registry as a program but the data files are there.

I had used software to move all my data from the old PC to the new PC and it went with it.  I just deleted it and a shortcut under Programs.  It doesn't appear in my Apps anymore.

Now I'm all ready to buy Logos 6 whenever it is introduced or a deep discounted Logos 5.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 8:15 AM

OR you could install the free L5 engine, download all your resources and continue to have access to what you already own.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS