Verse copy selection bug (or feature?)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 38
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 1 2014 6:23 AM

I'm using Logos 5.2a on a Mac, running Mavericks (10.9.2). I've only used Logos for a few weeks, so it's certainly possible that I'm missing something obvious.

I want to copy Matthew 20:20-21, so I click in verse 21 and drag up into verse 20. Both verses are then completely highlighted. BUT, so is the verse number for verse 22, and the Copy Bible Verses box shows Matthew 20:20-22.

Just to be clear, I'm starting my text selection in the middle of verse 21 (around "kingdom") and dragging up into verse 20. I've also tried dragging from the verse end of verse 21 to the beginning of verse 20. 

(Here's a hint, Logos: sometimes we just want to copy and cite a portion of a verse).

Obviously adding a verse to the end of the selection is a bug. It's not a fatal bug; I can always change the reference in the CBV box. But it's a nuisance, and just feels like a sloppy issue in a program which generally feels fairly solid.

Or am I missing something? Is there a setting that can be changed to correct this?

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 6:40 AM

I cannot duplicate this in L5 Windows. I do notice that the format you're using in CBV is "Oration: One Paragraph (3)". This indicates you may have changed the formatting in some way. I wonder if that may have something to do with it? Without being on Mac and being able to duplicate your steps completely, I would try the logos default format and then drill down to find the problem.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 6:47 AM

Try going to Program Settings and setting Smart Text Selection to No. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 38
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 6:51 AM

That was it - thanks!

Posts 38
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 6:52 AM

No, it was doing it before. Turned out to be the Smart Text Selection feature in the Settings.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS