Regarding Logos' Interlinear Editor -- Waiting with Bated Breath ...

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 101
tfjern | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 2 2014 1:01 AM

Some time ago, Bob Pritchett wrote:

When we re-write our interlinear editor for Logos 4 (no date yet) my plan is to find a way to make it available to users, too. I hope we'll be able to make several specialized editors available. I know the audience is small, but for people who care the tools are awesome.

Still no date on these "specialized editors," Logos? We are not getting any younger, you realize.

Posts 87
Pinoy Preacher | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 2:02 AM

tfjern:

Some time ago, Bob Pritchett wrote:

When we re-write our interlinear editor for Logos 4 (no date yet) my plan is to find a way to make it available to users, too. I hope we'll be able to make several specialized editors available. I know the audience is small, but for people who care the tools are awesome.

Still no date on these "specialized editors," Logos? We are not getting any younger, you realized.

Yes

Posts 1031
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 2:21 AM

Wow - I would love to have an interlinear editor!

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 3:31 AM

I suggest you email bob@logos.com to seek an update on this question if you don't get a response from Logos in the 24hrs. 

Posts 101
tfjern | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 4:00 AM

Well, would it be too much to ask if you did it for us, since Logos recently does not respond to me emails? (blocked because I e-mail from a certain Asian country?)  Just asking. (Luke 6:30)

Posts 9151
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 4:12 AM

tfjern:
blocked because I e-mail from a certain Asian country?

Are you sure this is true?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 101
tfjern | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 4:25 AM

Not 100% sure, hence the question mark. But my recent email did not received a response (it did receive the "Thanks for your email" blah-blah, but as I said, not a response from the company. Zilch. Goose egg. Maybe they are still working on a response. Possible, though it's been I think a month or so.

Hence the alternative -- posting in the Forums. Very helpful place.

Posts 1921
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 6:35 AM

tfjern:
Still no date on these "specialized editors," Logos? We are not getting any younger, you realize.

I didn't sign anything, so I don't think I'm sworn to secrecy. But I was out at the Logos HQ recently and got to see a preview of a piece of this functionality. It was very cool, to say the least. I don't know anything about dates or anything like that, though I didn't get the sense that it was imminent.

Donnie

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 6:42 AM

Donnie Hale:
I didn't sign anything, so I don't think I'm sworn to secrecy. But I was out at the Logos HQ recently and got to see...

Anything else you can share with us? In general, I mean.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1921
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 6:44 AM

fgh:
Anything else you can share with us? In general, I mean.

No. I didn't even learn about the Flashcard app - its appearance surprised me. ;)

Donnie

Posts 10636
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:07 AM

For anyone else curious about 'bated breath' (which seems to be about equal with baited breath on Google) ... the below per one of the trace-back sites (Shakespeare)

What should I say to you? Should I not say
'Hath a dog money? is it possible
A cur can lend three thousand ducats?' Or
Shall I bend low and in a bondman's key,
With bated breath and whispering humbleness, Say this;
'Fair sir, you spit on me on Wednesday last;
You spurn'd me such a day; another time
You call'd me dog; and for these courtesies
I'll lend you thus much moneys'?

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 8:18 AM

Denise:

For anyone else curious about 'bated breath' (which seems to be about equal with baited breath on Google) ... the below per one of the trace-back sites (Shakespeare)

What should I say to you? Should I not say
'Hath a dog money? is it possible
A cur can lend three thousand ducats?' Or
Shall I bend low and in a bondman's key,
With bated breath and whispering humbleness, Say this;
'Fair sir, you spit on me on Wednesday last;
You spurn'd me such a day; another time
You call'd me dog; and for these courtesies
I'll lend you thus much moneys'?

I was impressed he used the word correctly.  Baited != bated, Google and a million incorrect English speakers notwithstanding.  Anyways, I didn't have anything further to add.  Smile

Posts 101
tfjern | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 5:06 AM

Attention: Donnie Hale!

Could you give us a few more details about your pilgrimage to Logos HQ? What you posted is mighty tantalizing.

Posts 1921
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 5:57 AM

tfjern:
Could you give us a few more details about your pilgrimage to Logos HQ? What you posted is mighty tantalizing.

Not a whole lot more to say. Really enjoyed my very brief time there, though. The view out onto the bay is phenomenal.

Donnie

Posts 101
tfjern | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 6:47 AM

No, I meant details about the much anticipated Interlinear Editor, which you said you witnessed in the flesh, not details about the view onto the bay.

Posts 1921
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 12:29 PM

tfjern:
I meant details about the much anticipated Interlinear Editor

I understood. Like I said, not much more to say. It was a demo of one very small piece of the overall functionality, so I didn't see the overall functionality or even how that very small piece completely fit into it. That little piece, in isolation and w/o further context, was still quite cool.

Donnie

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 3:16 PM

tfjern:

Not 100% sure, hence the question mark. But my recent email did not received a response (it did receive the "Thanks for your email" blah-blah, but as I said, not a response from the company. Zilch. Goose egg. Maybe they are still working on a response. Possible, though it's been I think a month or so.

Hence the alternative -- posting in the Forums. Very helpful place.

Given you got an auto response it means your emails are getting through, you are not blocked.  If you use the email I suggested it will get you direct access to Bob Pritchett.  This will not give you an auto response but reach him directly.  I would be very surprised if you did not get any response back. Let us know how you go.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS