A Logos Bonding Moment

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 6 2014 11:16 AM

This weekend, I went with several men including my future son-in-law, from my church to the Stronger Men's conference.  I've never spoken to my future son-in-law about Logos software but it was pretty neat that Logos was on-site and did a great 10 minute presentation (the presentation was geared towards laypeople, not ministers) to show the benefits of Logos and they had great discounts on the software.

As we were leaving, he asked me if he could stop by the Logos booth and check out the software and he ended up buying the starter package.  I was impressed that he saw the great value and importance of the software but let me tell you want really impressed me.  As this fine young man prepares to marry my daughter, my only desire is that he serves God and makes Him the number one focus in his life.  He recently graduated college and is not in ministry so what stands out is a young man recently out of college spent several hundred dollars on a piece of software, not because it enhanced his job or school but strictly to get deeper in the word and build his relationship with God.  He had no idea I had ever used Logos or how much the software has changed my studies) so it wan't to impress me so I think this weekend I saw how much God has blessed our family with a fine young man of God.  Just wanted to share how Logos is much more than just a piece of software! :)

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 6 2014 12:15 PM

Great story. Thanks for sharing. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 6 2014 12:28 PM

alabama24:

Great story. Thanks for sharing. Smile

Yes

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:34 PM

Amen!!

Posts 8944
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 6 2014 6:45 PM

Inspiring to hear.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 6 2014 6:52 PM

William:

He had no idea I had ever used Logos or how much the software has changed my studies) so it wan't to impress me.

Great story! But I'd confirm that with your daughter, if I were you! Angel

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:05 PM

What a blessing for all of you!

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 6 2014 8:24 PM

Lee:

Great story! But I'd confirm that with your daughter, if I were you! Angel

No worries there, We have some great kids but they seem pretty oblivious to what's going on with mom and dad especially when it comes to software Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS