Which Base Packages appeal to you?

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:13 AM

Lynden Williams:
No one knows when L6 will come out, but Logos has been on a three year time table, so I am looking for L6 autum of next year.

This is my expectation also (although, similarly, I claim no inside knowledge!).

On a purely personal note, I would not be able to upgrade further this year having just supplemented my library with a couple of the new base packages (Anglican Diamond and Reformed Platinum).

On a related note, I do think that Anglican Diamond constitutes real value, particularly for those who were looking to pick up the ICC. Other than the Christmas 2010 Master Bundle, I think that this is probably my 'best buy' (and I am not Anglican!). Contrariwise, I do understand why some are disappointed with the Lutheran offerings. I agree with Dan that an additional substantial commentary set would have been very welcome.

[Edit: 

Donnie Hale:

I'm not sure how free I am to discuss this. But I am operating on the expectation that it will be released this year.

Donnie

However, it seems that you are hinting at 'insider information'. As such, I may need to revise my opinion Wink ]

Posts 3958
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:14 PM

Andy Evans:

Lynden Williams:
No one knows when L6 will come out, but Logos has been on a three year time table, so I am looking for L6 autum of next year.

This is my expectation also (although, similarly, I claim no inside knowledge!).

On a purely personal note, I would not be able to upgrade further this year having just supplemented my library with a couple of the new base packages (Anglican Diamond and Reformed Platinum).

On a related note, I do think that Anglican Diamond constitutes real value, particularly for those who were looking to pick up the ICC. Other than the Christmas 2010 Master Bundle, I think that this is probably my 'best buy' (and I am not Anglican!). Contrariwise, I do understand why some are disappointed with the Lutheran offerings. I agree with Dan that an additional substantial commentary set would have been very welcome.

[Edit: 

Donnie Hale:

I'm not sure how free I am to discuss this. But I am operating on the expectation that it will be released this year.

Donnie

However, it seems that you are hinting at 'insider information'. As such, I may need to revise my opinion Wink ]

I had heard rumors from others that L6 is in the works as well - that the Beta cycle has almost reached "gold".

Since I am not a part of that beta cycle I can't say for certain, but at the same time I'm also not sworn to secrecy :P. If they were to need a technically minded individual to help with the private beta cycles I'd be happy to help.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Platinum & Baptist Platinum.

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:02 PM

Wow! I would not expect that. Seems awfully quick, especially with as much work as they've seemed to put in to updates to L5.

Posts 7403
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:05 PM

I wouldn't mind L6, but I guess it can wait 'til next year.  I do want it to hopefully complete some of the incomplete sets contained in my Platinum Base Package, but I definitely wouldn't mind Brand New Content (e.g. Commentaries, other language study tools, and sermon outlines, along with new theologies, etc.).

DAL

Posts 64
BDW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 10:31 AM

Reformed Silver.

Powerful theology, apologetic, and history. I am currently reading John Calvin's commentary and WOW. It is amazing.

Posts 368
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 10:32 AM

At this point, None!

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:32 AM

Although this is a project in progress, https://www.logos.com/product/7565/evangelical-exegetical-commentary, I really like what has been published.  If Logos includes this set in one of the base packages for very good price, I wonder if you would purchase this base package?  Dynamic pricing for the people who are already in of courses, Smile.  We may have to wait for it, but with good price and more participation, it would be a win-win situation for us and Logos.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS