How Do You Use Logos?

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 133
Daniel Liu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 1:04 PM

Logos is a great tool for me to prepare Sunday sermon, Saturday gospel preaching, five bible study sections each week.

Posts 111
Andrew Perez | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 1:46 PM

God Bless Everyone.

I use L5 for personal study of God's word. I use it for sermon preparation and fro getting material for sunday school.

I am presently doing a personal study on the book of Acts and find the use of the original language and the biblical word study very helpful. Over all, I like that there is a wealth of resources that I can use when it comes to preparing material and studying God's Word.

Posts 14
Allan Fletchall | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 3:20 PM

I use Logos on my PC to prepare for 3 sermons each week and for one disciple making study that is held at 6 am on Monday.  I use my iPad for personal devotional bible reading and for reading books. 

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 3:44 PM

My use is fairly basic I guess:

• Logos 5 at the PC for small group study preparation
  • Lots of personal study and reading. I use commentaries and Bible dictionaries a lot
  • Researching various topics that interest me
  • Reading plan on the iPad or Nexus 7 apps. I usually use the audio feature and split screen with the Bible on top and a study Bible on the bottom, usually Faithlife Study Bible or else the ESV Study Bible
Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 3:47 PM

I use Logos for personal devotions, Sunday Bible Study, Sermon preparation, research on topics of interest and in depth Word Study.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:02 AM

I use Logos for doing the uni homework, personal study such as research, commentaries (often Old Testament). If hear something preached I often look up from NT commentaries. Devotional reading usually on tablet, but I have a few devotionals I haven't looked at yet and not downloaded to the tablet. I have various resources - most things I will need including Gk. I also like organizing them, making highlightings. EDIT2: I also do quick look ups, for example using Encyclopedia of Christianity vols. 1-3, 4, 5.

I have some resources that were either much cheaper in or only available in Accordance, such as: NETS, Anchor Yale Bible New Testament, Comprehensive Bible, Torah: A Modern Commentary (EDIT: which is on a sale right now). Btw the latter includes an excellent English translation of Gn. I also have UBS (Translator's) Handbooks New Testament set in Accordance, I bought it used for $115 including the license transfer fee. But I have the "Upgrade" -set (contained a couple of Old Testament books such as Ezra, and some Deuterocanonicals) in Logos.

Having split up in two softwares like this, is of course a bit of an extra effort. It doesn't get more expensive though, to the contrary the resources were cheaper and being aware of that I can't do everything in one software makes me think twice whether I will really use books that are offered and thereby I skip most offers.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 3355
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:50 AM

Hey Denise Beer

Sorry I didn't reply sooner (not Oklahoma), but I had to work all night long. Regarding the beta test thang.... It does in fact select according to my particular mood at hand, but what I really like about the automated selections is for the most part it knows exactly when my PMS is at an all time high.

Oh by the way, I hope you and everyone else knows that PMS in my post stands for: Periodical Moody Subscriptions. Great articles to boot. 

mm.

mm.

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:54 AM

I use it for:

* Access to devotional resources

* Teaching 

* Academic research

* Some exegetical work, though I often switch to another tool for this if I get going

* Recreation and Christian Ebook library management

Posts 6858
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 11:47 AM

I use Logos to prepare mini sermons that are preached on an internet radio station.  Also to prepare keynotes (when asked to give one), youth lessons, research papers and a commentary project I'm working on.  Logos is the "go-to" tool for all of my Biblical research needs.  I write out small outlines on note files that I take with me to the pulpit on my iPad and half of the screen contains my preferred Bible and the other half of the screen contains my "memory trigger notes" that help me to stay on track while teaching/preaching.

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 12:37 PM

i am working on a red-letter Old Testament

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 10625
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 4:26 PM

So .... that'd be burning letters around the burning bush!!

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 3355
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 4:50 PM

@ Denise,

HMMMM. LOL LOL LOL

mm.

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS