Excellent Twitter Daily Deal Today!

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 38 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 6:42 AM

Thank you very much. 32338 worked fine.

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 6:52 AM

Read the introduction last night.  Good read if anyone is still interested.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 7:57 AM

Peace!              *smile*                               Disclaimer:    I am a long, long term Lutheran!    *smile*

And!            I'm Wonderin'.......                        We all know Martin Lutheran was incredibly and profoundly focused on Justification -- Justification by Faith.  Does this book take that into account?                Chapters one and/or two?                 Or, which of the later chapters?  The book looks quite interesting, but ...........

I have so very many resources that I hesitate to purchase any further resources unless they "coordinate" historically with my background and experiences and/or the Biblical Base!                   

Alex Bui:

Read the introduction last night.  Good read if anyone is still interested.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 9:30 AM

Hi Milford,

I am currently on chapter 5, New Paul Perspective.  This is an excellent book if one wants to know the historical development and contemporary debate on justification from various traditions.  Yes, Martin Luther was mentioned and associated with the reformed view.  Council of Trent was mentioned for historical grounding.  There is also a mention of the 1999 statements of understanding between Lutheran and Catholic.  The bonus is in each view, from chapter3 on; there are responses from others' viewpoints.  This helps to bring out the contrast/different from various views/beliefs.  It is a very enjoyable reading so far, Smile.  

Happy Easter to you, Milford, and everyone on the forum. 

P.S.  It is an introductory book, so it may not be much news to you.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 11:00 AM

Thank you, Alex!          *smile*               Peace to you!           ...   and Thank You Indeed!              Your post is extremely helpful to me and has enabled me to make a decision as to whether I should pursue this book at this time!

Much Appreciated!                     ... and ...                   Happy Easter to you, Alex!

Finally:        Am sharing a lovely blogSite I just came across!    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markdroberts/series/introduction-to-eastertide-the-season-of-easter/

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 92
Christopher Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 11:58 AM

Sadly, neither code works for me so must be expired.   Thanks for posting it here though.

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 12:30 PM

Christopher Powell:

Sadly, neither code works for me so must be expired.   Thanks for posting it here though.

Hi Christopher, 

The deal of the day does tend to run most days. Today's deal is a very different offering, but very worthwhile (in my opinion). I note that the offer (and the code) is highlighted in the Logos blog, here,

http://blog.logos.com/2014/04/get-50-off-baker-books-with-twitter-dailydeals/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=logostalk

Blessings

Posts 589
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 9:26 AM

Here is today's daily deal from Baker Academic

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 11:48 AM

Ted Weis:

Here is today's daily deal from Baker Academic

I picked this up today too. Looks like a great resource.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4744
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 11:59 AM

It seems to approach things from a different enough perspective to make it worthwhile...I grabbed it.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 1:54 PM

Peace to all!                          Actually I couldn't resist!      

The Price Was Right!             The Resource is Right!       Picked it up!         Thanks for the thread and the info!                                              *smile*

Posts 589
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 4:19 PM

Today's daily deal is from Baker isn't very exciting IMHO

Posts 4834
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 4:23 PM

Ted Weis:

Today's daily deal is from Baker isn't very exciting IMHO

If you own bronze or up it won't be exciting, but twitter deals are often used as a hook to get more casual users to purchase rather than as a reward to loyal customers, particularly those with higher base packages. Rarely is there anything of interest to me. No complaints just an observation.

Posts 589
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 8:35 AM

The Baker Academic twitter daily deal is a keeper!

Posts 4744
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 9:57 PM

I intended to buy this when I got home from work today...but when I wanted to look at a few preview pages...ooops!

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 10:00 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
but twitter deals are often used as a hook to get more casual users to purchase rather than as a reward to loyal customers, particularly those with higher base packages. Rarely is there anything of interest to me.

I agree

Posts 589
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 26 2014 12:14 PM

There's a Baker daily deal on Saturday, April 26 and it's a good one IMHO

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 26 2014 12:20 PM

The Logos page says is 24 pages...I assume this is incorrect, and that the Amazon page has it right at over 200 pages.

Agreed?

Posts 9855
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 26 2014 12:22 PM

Mathew Voth:

The Logos page says is 24 pages...I assume this is incorrect, and that the Amazon page has it right at over 200 pages.

Agreed?

Yep.

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/83998.aspx 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS