The First Epistle to the Corinthians by Gordon Fee, Second Edition

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 9 2014 10:48 AM

Just a heads-up for anyone who, like me, was thinking about buying Fee's NICNT commentary on 1 Corinthians as part of the March Madness sale – the second edition of his commentary is coming out at the end of May.

http://www.eerdmans.com/Products/7136/the-first-epistle-to-the-corinthians-second-edition.aspx

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 11:33 AM

Thanks.

However, I hope there is more to the update that this

"In this second edition, Fee has updated the text to make it even more accessible, including giving all biblical citations in full so that readers don't have to look up references. Fee also includes a full bibliography of everything written on 1 Corinthians up until 2011, providing a wide range of resources for further study."

Posts 3647
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 12:23 PM

I purchased it already. But it may be a while before the updated edition appears in Logos. Hopefully, there would be a discounted price for those who have the 1st edition.

Posts 614
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 2:37 PM

Thanks for pointing this out Adam.

The top of the description says 'Fully updated exegesis of 1 Corinthians' but as Alain points out, the rest of the description doesn't make it sound as if much has changed! In fact, with Logos having all the Biblical texts in the main text is probably a disadvantage if you want to skim his commentary!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS