Logos 5 crashing after last update 5.2a (5.2.1.0081)

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 11 2014 2:58 PM

After installing the latest update 5.2a (5.1.2.9981) Logos has been crashing. The windows message is "Logos Stopped working, close the application, etc. , etc. , etc.." 

I use Logos mostly in a Lenovo ThinkPad T51 and Windows 8.1 professional, Docking station with Dual Monitor

Posts 25576
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:50 PM

Please supply a zipped folder of logs.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 5:29 PM

how do I collect the log files...Smile

Posts 25576
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 5:40 PM

Click on the blue link in my previous post

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 6:09 PM

Eddie Florentino:

how do I collect the log files...Smile

Logos 5 link => https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/problem

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 170
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:12 PM

its worth taking a shot at starting in an empty layout. The 0067 update crashed on my standard layout. Opening it without a layout cured it so I could get running.

Bob - 17" MBP quad 2.3GHz 4GB  and iMAC

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:52 PM

All ... I have started Logos 5 in Log mode and with a blank Layout ... no problem so far....I will open the layout I am using and continue my study as always until I can re-create the problem.... hopefully it will be capture in the Log files

Thanks all of you for your help....

I have been Logos user since 2005 I have never experienced a problem like this... there is always the first time!! :)

Thanks again Dave, Keep Smiling 4 Jesus and Bob

Posts 25576
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:48 PM

Eddie Florentino:
I have started Logos 5 in Log mode and with a blank Layout ... no problem so far

Please upload LogosError.log as it will have the details of recent crashes.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 5:00 PM

Dave: Attached the Zip file with the Logos5 Logs.

Thanks in advance!!

Eddie3175.LogosError.zip

Posts 8195
LogosEmployee

The crash message is: "XamlParseException: Document belongs to another FlowDocumentScrollViewer already."

I've personally encountered this once when connecting to a computer that was running Logos 5 via remote desktop. We've also heard a report that it's happened after unlocking a computer with Fast User Switching.

Were you just running the app normally when it crashed? Was it right after loading a layout, or some other activity? You mentioned you had a docking station; were you using it at the time?

Unfortunately, I don't know of any fix or workaround for this crash. If we find what you were doing immediately before the crash, you may have to avoid performing that specific action.

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 7:52 PM

It has happened in these two scenarios:

1. Using my laptop connected to the docking station (docked) and using one of my layouts that opens many resources and perform a lot of searches and text comparison

2. Connecting to my Laptop via Remote desktop from another location 

However Today I have been studying about 5 hours for my next sermon series and has been OK... I have been using one of my layouts that opens a lot of resources (more than 50) and perform a lot of searches and text comparison with no issues at all

Thanks again

Posts 34
Daryle Froese | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 1:33 PM

For the first time since using Logos, I'm experiencing semi-regular crashes (several times a day, depending on usage) since this latest update.

Here are my logs after the most recent crash...  1832.LogosError.zip

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Daryle

Posts 25576
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:35 PM

There is no evidence of a recent crash in the logs. You should start a new thread with a complete description of what you are doing and what happens when a "crash" occurs. If no recent crash log is found (logoscrash.txt) paste details of the event viewer.

The only thing I could suggest now is to delete the folder C:/Users/Daryle/AppData/Local/Logos5/Data/5ngx52qe.k45/HomePage.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS