Can I take notes in reading mode?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 64
BDW | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:18 AM

I know how to highlight but is there a way to take notes in reading mode?

Posts 18887
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:25 AM

Yes, same way you'd do it when not in reading mode. Right-click where you want the note to be inserted (which could be on a selection), and choose "Add a note to {recently opened note file}". Since reading mode fills up the entire screen, you'll need to flip back and forth between the Notes pane and your resource, which can be done using Alt+Tab in Windows; not sure what the equivalent is on a Mac.

Posts 23012
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:26 AM

Barton Waldon:
I know how to highlight but is there a way to take notes in reading mode?

As far as I can see the act of trying to make a note in reading mode takes the resource out of reading mode

Is this what you are seeing?

EDIT: Just seen Rosie's post. Made me think of having the notes document in a floating window and it then works fine. Unless I'm missing something which Rosie has seen

Posts 11070
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:31 AM

This is Pseudo-Rosie (two centuries after the original).  It does as she describes; no need for a floating window.

I'm only answering since I hadn't used F11 for a (long) while ... the drop down tabs are pretty nifty.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 64
BDW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:38 AM

It would be great if a box popped up on the screen instead of it reverting back. 

Posts 18887
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:49 AM

Graham Criddle:
EDIT: Just seen Rosie's post. Made me think of having the notes document in a floating window and it then works fine. Unless I'm missing something which Rosie has seen

The resource which is in reading view is effectively a floating window itself, so you can Alt+Tab back and forth between that and your main Logos layout with its docked notes panel.

Barton, I'm not sure why having the notes window pop up on top of the reading view window would be any different, effectively. You're just switching the focus back and forth between two windows. The popup notes window would cover much of the reading view anyway, so you wouldn't be able to see what you'd been reading to refer to it while you write the note. You don't actually "revert" back out of reading view. You stay in reading view and just flip-flop back and forth between the notes pane and the reading window using Alt+Tab (I'm assuming you're using Windows, which might not be the case). It's really quite a breeze, and I do that sort of thing all the time.

Posts 18887
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:50 AM

Denise:
This is Pseudo-Rosie (two centuries after the original).

Big Smile

Ah, you must be referring to the newly discovered "Rosie fragment."

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:02 PM

Thanks Rosie for the tip.  You make my day, Smile.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS