Logos cloud software

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 29
Neil Hess | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 14 2014 11:28 AM

I was wondering if there are any future plans to have a Logos cloud platform so that your could access your logos library on a computer that isn't your own?

Thanks!

Neil

Posts 22360
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 11:37 AM

Hi Neil

Are you aware of biblia.com or bible.faithlife.com?

You get access to most of your resources but not the full desktop functionality

Graham

Posts 29
Neil Hess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 11:42 AM

Perfect!  Thank you! :-)

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 2:28 PM

It is something that Logos needs to think about. I wonder what I will do when my current computer gives out. I use my iPad much more than the computer now. Logos is the main use for the computer—and even then for simple reading I access the computer remotely from the iPad using Splashtop (and previously LogMeIn).

In the future, could I access the full Logos program running on a server somewhere, without me actually having own and update a machine to run it on?

In the meantime, Neil, Splashtop Personal is worth looking at.

Posts 2499
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 2:58 PM

Cf. the discussion here.

Giving users the choice of going cloud is great. But forcing users to go to the cloud is not such a hot idea.

Posts 453
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 4:58 PM

Also in the cloud (and often forgotten) is library.logos.com

Posts 5311
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 4:59 PM

Jonathan Pitts:
It is something that Logos needs to think about. I wonder what I will do when my current computer gives out.

Jonathan Pitts:
In the future, could I access the full Logos program running on a server somewhere, without me actually having own and update a machine to run it on?

I believe over time the mobile apps will take on more of the desktop functionality, but whether they would ever reach the point where they replace the desktop app I am not sure. 

Personally I would still prefer to have a desktop based application, despite all the potential advantages of not having to own a powerful desktop machine if they hosted the whole application.  The simple fact is if internet access is cut you would loose access to your library and all your documents.  I am sure this would be of particular concern for people living in certain countries.

Posts 87
Pinoy Preacher | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 5:34 PM

Yes, like where I am living right now which is in the Philippines where your Internet connection speed will cause your blood pressure to rise above normal. Sad Besides, I wouldn't want to pay over and over again for accessing my Logos resources for which I have already  paid for. So, offline access is the way to go for me.  

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS