Duplicate entries on the web site with one grey and one not

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 15 2014 6:46 AM

I was sent a list of what I would get new with the Anglican package. Trying to learn more about the items in the list I had Several "Nicene Fathers" and tried searching for Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers 2.14: The Seven Ecumenical Councils (Catholic Edition). I actually searched for the bit I underlined. The result is shown below. I will note that for now I have quite a number of "Nicene Fathers" books Hidden so I wonder if that is messing with my view. I am assuming the two items below are the exact same.

Sorry I cannot upload images so trust me I guess. I am seeing two offerings of the exact same item with one showing 229.00 greyed out and the other showing Add to cart.

Sorry I see now that the titles are slightly different. They are both 37 volumes included but one is called the Catholic edition and one is the protestant edition.

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 15 2014 7:06 AM

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 15 2014 7:16 AM

This is as it should be, but if you talk to a sales rep you can probably get a discount for owning the other version.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 15 2014 7:26 AM

Yes, they are two different editions of this collection. To the best of my knowledge, the Catholic Edition edits out the anti-Catholic rhetoric that is present in some of the footnotes of the Protestant edition, but otherwise there's not much difference. I would say there's no point in owning both, unless you're Catholic and would prefer the Catholic edition and it's too late to return the Protestant one (or it came as part of your base package and is thus not returnable by itself), or unless you're doing a detailed study on the differences between Catholic and Protestant theology.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS