Verbum Foundations+ Upgrade

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Dennis Alcover | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 16 2014 7:36 PM

Do I need to uninstall and re-install to get all the functionality? I had Verbum open when I purchased it, and it automatically downloaded the new resources. Did I automatically get all the new endings and datasets?

Also, the email that I followed to get the upgrade stated that I would get Practicum, but I don't see how to get to it.

Posts 31836
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 8:36 PM

Wait until the indexing is done then you should see the new functionality and resources. If not, post back here.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 12:37 AM

I also have Verbum Foundations+. I didn't expect that I would receive Practicum. I upgraded on December 3. 2013:

Dennis Alcover:
Also, the email that I followed to get the upgrade stated that I would get Practicum, but I don't see how to get to it.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 4:42 AM

Dennis Alcover:

If you are thinking that you would get Practicum: Learn to Use Verbum in your Verbum package, it isn't included.  Logos has, imho, a bad habit of charging its users for material that informs its users on how to use the software.

Posts 7
Dennis Alcover | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 6:49 AM

I know it is not automatic, but the email offer said it was included.

From the email:

"I wanted to let you know that now until April 30th we are currently running our best promotion yet for an upgrade to any Verbum Plus library. For a limited time we are offering

*A 15% discount on a Verbum upgrade

*Practicum: Learn to Use Verbum (normal price $229.95) training series for free with upgrade

*Special Add-on pricing"

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 7:29 AM

Dennis, did You have a base-package since before? Many times this kind of deals may be limited to those who are purchasing a base-package for the first time:

Dennis Alcover:
For a limited time we are offering

*A 15% discount on a Verbum upgrade

*Practicum: Learn to Use Verbum (normal price $229.95) training series for free with upgrade

*Special Add-on pricing"

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com

Posts 7
Dennis Alcover | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 7:41 AM

Yes I did, and the email even says that I do. Notice the language. This is an Upgrade, which implies I have something to update FROM.

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 7:43 AM

Unfortunately Logos uses the term "upgrade" also for first-time base-package purchases.

That part is what's a bit wierd in the email:

Dennis Alcover:
and the email even says that I do.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com

Posts 31836
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 12:09 PM

Dennis Alcover:
Yes I did, and the email even says that I do. Notice the language.

Dennis, contact customer service by phone or email. They should be able to straighten it out for you. Keep the email they sent until it is corrected.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5008
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 7:11 AM

MJ. Smith:

Dennis Alcover:
Yes I did, and the email even says that I do. Notice the language.

Dennis, contact customer service by phone or email. They should be able to straighten it out for you. Keep the email they sent until it is corrected.

And please let us know what they say.

Posts 3186
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:40 AM

Hi Dennis

Dennis Alcover:
Do I need to uninstall and re-install to get all the functionality?

No

Dennis Alcover:
t automatically downloaded the new resources. Did I automatically get all the new endings and datasets?

You should have. The message might not be there anymore but we indicate the updated resources (and data sets) on the home page if you have that option enabled on your home page options. Is there something about what you've seen that makes you think the new data sets did not download? You can check to see if there are any updates to resources or data sets by forcing the application to check for an update. Follow solution 3 here.

Dennis Alcover:

Practicum are in your library like other resources. Search for "Practicum" in your library and you should see it.

Posts 7
Dennis Alcover | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 7:02 PM

Thank you all. Major changes at work and Holy Week kept me away, but I wanted to update everyone. 

I sent email to the originator of the email making the offer. Turned out that the offer was only good by replying directly by email or phone to the offer. BUT, he contacted the Customer Support people, had them give me the discount, and gave me the free copy of Practicum! I would recommend Logos to anyone. Great product, good people, and willing to go above and beyond to assist customers.

And, I was just overreacting on the upgrade issues. I just wasn't clear about if I needed to totally re-install or let it do its update thing. All the resources are there, and everything works great! Happy endings all around!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS