4.0a SR-2 Indexer crash

Page 1 of 3 (51 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 50 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:19 PM

Attached is the log file. Seems to crash right after starting. (I'm having my share of indexer crashes. Hope these don't continue.) I'd appreciate some guidance on this one.

1256.Logos4Indexer.zip

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 27224
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:39 PM

If you don't have a usable system or it keeps trying to index, then you may have to delete the LibraryIndex folder and start L4 to complete indexing!

But wait for other options to be presented as this is my hunch!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 30
Bryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:25 PM

I thought myself lucky as I was not having any of the crash problems lately with L4 but today, went to open L4 to prepare for my sermon tomorrow and as soon as it starts, it crashes and shuts down.

Rebooted my computer, crash and crash and crash.

I see now there is an 881 MB update I am currently downloading, maybe this is the fix, I do not know.

I am running 4.0a on Windows 7 Home Premium, 4 GB Ram and have had no problems until today.

Anyone have the link to the Log File program so I can start creating log files again to upload should I have anymore problems?

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:29 PM

BryanSTurley:
Anyone have the link to the Log File program so I can start creating log files again to upload should I have anymore problems?

http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:33 PM

BryanSTurley:

I thought myself lucky as I was not having any of the crash problems lately with L4 but today, went to open L4 to prepare for my sermon tomorrow and as soon as it starts, it crashes and shuts down.

Rebooted my computer, crash and crash and crash.

I see now there is an 881 MB update I am currently downloading, maybe this is the fix, I do not know.

I am running 4.0a on Windows 7 Home Premium, 4 GB Ram and have had no problems until today.

There is a problem with 4.0a and the date December 31. 4.0a SR-2 was released tonight is supposed to fix this. In the meantime you should be able to start L4 by holding down the CTRL key as Logos4 starts and loading to a blank layout. You won't be able to use the home page until SR2 or Jan 1, 2010.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1151
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:34 PM

BryanSTurley:

Are you running 4.0a SR-2? There was an issue with the Home Page crashing on start-up on Dec 31 prior to SR-2. You might try holding down CTRL when you open L4 and chose run with a blank screen.

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:06 AM

Mark A. Smith:

Attached is the log file. Seems to crash right after starting. (I'm having my share of indexer crashes. Hope these don't continue.) I'd appreciate some guidance on this one.

[View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/1256.Logos4Indexer.zip:550:0]

Mark,

It looks to me like a corrupt disk, or a corrupt index. If the latter, then it's probably caused by your previous crashes. If the former, then it would explain your previous crashes! Smile

I would certainly delete your index and allow Logos to recreate it. I'd probably also run a disk check (including looking for bad sectors), just in case.

Posts 123
David Fish | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:58 AM

I have been having indexer crashes too. I missed the SR-1 update altogether. Last night I read in this forum about the release of both SR-1 and SR-2 before launching Logos 4. When I launched Logos 4, I downloaded 800+ MB of updates, installed them, but when the indexer started it immediately crashed.

I have attempted numerous times, with rebooting the computer in the middle. As soon as I reboot, the indexer begins and crashes (even without starting Logos 4).

I don't know if the best thing to do is to delete the index completely, and then let it rebuild the index, or to just type "rebuild index" from the command line.

[View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/1452.Logos4Indexer.log:550:0]

I did not zip the file before posting. Here is the zipped file:

4812.Logos4Indexer.zip

I'll try to attach the indexer log to this post.

MacBook Air M1 16GB RAM | 2 Mac Minis M1 8GB RAM | iPad 3 (plus some Windows laptops relegated to disuse)

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:09 AM

David,

You're getting the same error as Dave, which heightens the possibility that it's a bug with the indexer. I think the only way to proceed will be to delete the index files and reindex from scratch. To do so, make sure the indexer is closed and delete the files in C:\Users\David Fish\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\3tvz5nph.3sj\LibraryIndex

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:22 AM

Mark Barnes:

David,

You're getting the same error as Dave, which heightens the possibility that it's a bug with the indexer. I think the only way to proceed will be to delete the index files and reindex from scratch. To do so, make sure the indexer is closed and delete the files in C:\Users\David Fish\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\3tvz5nph.3sj\LibraryIndex

Mark and David, I believe typing rebuild index into the command bar does virtually the same thing as Mark suggests above. (This is a new command with 4.0a.)

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:37 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
Mark and David, I believe typing rebuild index into the command bar does virtually the same thing as Mark suggests above.

I am running the disk scan Mark suggested. We'll see if it turns up anything. Then I'll do the reindex. Seems since the beta of 4.0a I've had a number of indexing problems, while I had few if any with 4.0 SR-7.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 150
Victor Ulloa M. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:06 PM

Mark

Are you using Windows Vista or Windows 7?  You can try closing the program and opening Logos as Administrator (right-click on the icon, select "Run as Administrator").

Let us know if this helps...

Victor.

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:39 PM

Mark A. Smith:

1256.Logos4Indexer.zip

Before you rebuild your index, try using the resource checksum program

5353.2100.ResourceChecksum.zip

A ResourceChecksum.txt file will show up in your Logos Log Files folder, upload it here.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:59 PM

George Allakhverdyan:

Mark A. Smith:

1256.Logos4Indexer.zip

A ResourceChecksum.txt file will show up in your Logos Log Files folder, upload it here.

What is a "checksum" file?

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 1:52 PM

Dan DeVilder:

George Allakhverdyan:

Mark A. Smith:

1256.Logos4Indexer.zip

What is a "checksum" file?

A checksum is a value created by running a checksum algorithm on a resource, and it used to ensure data integrity. The ResourceChecksum.txt file will contain these values.

Posts 27224
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:09 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
Mark and David, I believe typing rebuild index into the command bar does virtually the same thing as Mark suggests above. (This is a new command with 4.0a.)

Rich,  we're not certain we can trust the indexer commands given there is potential corruption. So it's better to delete the LibraryIndex folder with its database and index files.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:28 PM

Dave Hooton:
Rich,  we're not certain we can trust the indexer commands given there is potential corruption. So it's better to delete the LibraryIndex folder with its database and index files.

Doesn't "rebuild index" do precisely that?

We're not talking about merging the index but rebuilding it. I thought that's what "rebuild index" does. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:30 PM

Victor Ulloa:
Let us know if this helps...

That won't help, Victor. I've run as administrator and it still crashes.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:31 PM

George Allakhverdyan:

Thank you, George. It is running now.

I checked the disk Logos 4 is on and there is no disk corruption nor are there bad sectors, so that isn't the problem.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:33 PM

George Allakhverdyan:

8547.ResourceChecksum.txt

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 3 (51 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS