Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 22 2014 7:19 PM

After using Proclaim for almost a month, I'm starting to realize how badly Proclaim needs a media organization system in place. It's getting more and more difficult finding things.

1) We should be able to change the thumbnail of videos (3 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec into video snapshot).

• Many of my video thumbnails are black.

2) List by name of file instead of thumbnail.
3) Sort by name, date, file type. Both ascending & descending.
4) When hovering over a thumbnail, it'd be nice if there was a description pop-up of the content.

Not trying to pressure anyone, but I can see this being the number one priority for Proclaim.

Thanks,

Jared

Posts 293
Mike Measley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 7:45 PM

Yes

Windows 7, Nexus 7

Posts 4689
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 1:43 AM

Yes one has to ask 'What were they thinking when somebody suggested that the present situation was a good idea.

Must have been late on a Friday evening.

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:10 AM

Well, I'm sure the team had this on their agenda from the very start. For all we know they have been building the code for this for a long time and just haven't released it yet. It wouldn't surprise me if they have an in house version working right now, but they're testing it for bugs before releasing it.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:37 AM

We're currently working on the new content management UI and have been for the month+. It's really going to be great but it's taking a bit of time. We have some changes to the Customize experience that will ship prior to improved content management, but other than that it's the next big thing. Thanks for your patience.

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:13 PM

Will is be apart of v1? or is this a feature for v2?

Posts 4689
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 3:10 AM

Scott Alexander (Logos):

We're currently working on the new content management UI and have been for the month+. It's really going to be great but it's taking a bit of time. We have some changes to the Customize experience that will ship prior to improved content management, but other than that it's the next big thing. Thanks for your patience.

For the avoidance of doubt, may I make it clear that this reassurance - reassuring though it is - will in no way stop me teasing you about it until the great day dawns.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 8:35 AM

Mike Binks:
For the avoidance of doubt, may I make it clear that this reassurance - reassuring though it is - will in no way stop me teasing you about it until the great day dawns.

fair Smile

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 8:37 AM

jlschwyhart:
Will is be apart of v1? or is this a feature for v2?

It will most likely be v1, though since Proclaim is a subscription app the version number doesn't mean much to the users.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 5:38 PM

We've released a beta version of Proclaim (Windows only) that includes the new media browsing experience. I'm interested in your feedback if you give it a try.

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/86002.aspx

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 6:43 AM

Scott,

I think this is a huge step forward in the right direction! I can't wait to get it into the hands of our media team.

• I really like the layout. It's simple and clean. We use a ton of our own videos, so I'm glad there is a "Group Upload" collection in the media browser. 
  • The first thing I noticed was I can't delete videos in the browser. It'd be nice if I could right-click > delete on a user generated content.
  • It'd be nice to change/add/remove tags and thumbnails of video items.
  • I really like the fact that we can now preview content without adding it to existing service items. Also, being able to add it to a new service item or current service item is great.
  • Just a minor feature that would be nice - When inside the "Group Upload" folder, it'd be nice if at the top of the window there was a label stating it's the "Group Upload." 
  • Under My Content > Video...It'd be nice if I could somehow "Show Duplicates Only." Because apparently I have several.
  • A sorting option. Sort A>Z, Z>A, Date Added, File Type
  • Under "Type" it says it's a video. It'd be nice if it gave information on the video itself. For example:
    • Format: .MP4
    • Resolution: 1280x720
    • File Size: 196 Mb
    • Date Added: 1/1/2014
  • I kinda wish music/audio was included in this new media browser. Along with a Service item that wouldn't show anything, but would only play music. And also keep the ability to have music on the other service items.
  • Thanks for making the countdown clock larger.

That's all I have comments on. I think this is going to be a great release! I'm so excited for it!
I'm also very VERY glad we adopted Proclaim. We have been so amazed by it!

Thanks Proclaim Team!

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 7:51 AM

Thanks for the great feedback Jared! Pretty much all your suggestions are planned and should follow soon after we ship the first version. Hadn't considered adding audio to the same browsing experience, we'll give this some thought. Thanks again!

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 10:21 AM

Just had a thought about the music.

It might be cool to have the music/audio have it's own dialogue box. I made a mock-up.

The gear would give options:

• Only Play During Pre-Service Items
  • Only Play During Warm Up
  • Only Play During Selected Items
    • Continuous play
    • Start/Stop play
  • View List of Songs (Select which to use)
  • See Upcoming Song
  • Fade in/out on Pause/Stop/Skip
  • Show Audio Meters

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS