Fun Problem maybe you can help me...

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 33 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 36
DeWayne Whitaker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:16 PM

Situation:  I turned 46 on April 16th and Logos sent me a 20 dollar credit gift.

Expression: :-0   I know right? 

Problem:  I upgraded to Portfolio a while back along with some awesome commentaries... 

What I do:  Well programmer by day.  Bible Student by night. 

Tried: Looking through Community Pricing, I'm like a kid in a candy store with 20 bucks burning a hole in my pocket.

Reality Problem: The 20 bucks is burning a hole in my pocket cause it expires April 30th. ROFL 

---

So I turn to you for suggestions?  Want to help?
DISCLAIMER:  No you can't have the 20 bucks... ROFL

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:25 PM

DeWayne Whitaker:
Logos sent me a 20 dollar credit gift.

Happy Birthday!

Is the credit good on Vyrso too?  (I get mine in May)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:48 PM

DeWayne Whitaker:
Reality Problem: The 20 bucks is burning a hole in my pocket cause it expires April 30th. ROFL

=> https://www.logos.com/product/2984/in-the-shadow-of-the-temple

FYI: earlier this month had Logos March Madness sale.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 359
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 9:00 PM

Pay some on your Logos Visa card. Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!
Lots of GiftGiftGiftGiftGiftGiftGiftGiftGiftGiftGift and lots of CakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCake but dont get Ick!

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 10:04 PM

DeWayne Whitaker:

Situation:  I turned 46 on April 16th and Logos sent me a 20 dollar credit gift.

They sure didn't give you very long to use the gift certificate! Are you sure it isn't April 30, 2015 that it expires? Or did you turn 46 last April 16?

View the Products page sorted by Price (check out Vyrso.com that way too). Page through until you get to the books that are priced around $20.

Be willing to kick in a bit yourself in case you find a book you want that's a little over $20. You can apply the certificate towards it and bring the price way down.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 10:14 PM

Rosie Perera:
They sure didn't give you very long to use the gift certificate! Are you sure it isn't April 30, 2015 that it expires?

It is my understanding the credit is only good for your birth month.

Rosie Perera:
Be willing to kick in a bit yourself in case you find a book you want that's a little over $20. You can apply the certificate towards it and bring the price way down.

It is also my understanding you can only apply the credit to one billing. i.e. If you purchase only one $8 item you forfeit the other $12. So buy 2.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 10:19 PM

DeWayne Whitaker:

There are some nifty items here.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Merchandise

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 11:30 PM

Super.Tramp:

Not fair if you're born near the end of the month, unless they issue you the credit at the beginning of the month in which your birthday falls.

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 22 2014 11:43 PM
Rosie Perera:

Super.Tramp:

Not fair if you're born near the end of the month, unless they issue you the credit at the beginning of the month in which your birthday falls.

I got mine at the beginning of the month and my birthday was the middle of the month. Cheers

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 1:21 AM

Rosie Perera:

Super.Tramp:

Rosie they process the credits a couple times of a month, not on your actual birthdate.  I don't see anything unfair about the offer  - they don't have to offer us any credit.  It's a great gesture and I appreciated getting mine back in January.  Counting down till next January....

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 1:40 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
I don't see anything unfair about the offer

You ignored my "if"; I was thinking they only gave the credit on your actual birthday and that it expired at the end of the month. That's kind of tricky for people who are born on the 31st. Of course it's not really a question of "fair" or not. It's all an undeserved gift. Like the workers who were paid the same whether they worked all day or only for the last hour. I was merely hoping that it wasn't what I was thinking (that you only have from your birthday to the end of the month to use your credit), and I'm relieved that it's not.

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 3:09 AM

Rosie Perera:

Disciple of Christ (doc):
I don't see anything unfair about the offer

You ignored my "if"; I was thinking they only gave the credit on your actual birthday and that it expired at the end of the month. That's kind of tricky for people who are born on the 31st. Of course it's not really a question of "fair" or not. It's all an undeserved gift. Like the workers who were paid the same whether they worked all day or only for the last hour. I was merely hoping that it wasn't what I was thinking (that you only have from your birthday to the end of the month to use your credit), and I'm relieved that it's not.

It would be tricky if you were born on Feb 29.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 3:30 AM

DeWayne Whitaker:
DISCLAIMER:  No you can't have the 20 bucks... ROFL

Just look at your Logos wish list!  What?!  You don't have a wish list?  You should have one.  In the mean time, you can use mine. Big Smile

If I had $20 credit, I think I would use it to help buy this:

https://www.logos.com/product/25001/james-evangelical-exegetical-commentary

Or if I really didn't want to spend any money out of pocket, I would get this:

https://www.logos.com/product/38238/gods-wisdom-in-proverbs

(Both items from my wish list)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 10633
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 4:07 AM

Super.Tramp:

Good thing my birthday is 05/01, and this will be the double-perfect birthday—77 Party!!!

Posts 2009
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 4:29 AM

I would watch the 50% twitter deals this week and use it for one that I get the most bang for my buck on.  Just make sure you have a backup plan in case none of the twitter deals catch your eye.  You could end up getting a virtual $40 credit!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1726
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 6:05 AM

Don't forget the Dracula credit (check your e-mail). That should expand your possibilities.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 7:21 AM

Jack Caviness:
Good thing my birthday is 05/01, and this will be the double-perfect birthday—77 Party!!!

Well, Happy Birthday, Jack! Gift  (I have to say it now. I will forget by next week.)

My B'day is May 30th. 

Posts 6490
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 7:29 AM

Just found out that you can actually purchase a gift for someone if they share their wishlist. One lucky forum poster to this thread just got a surprise gift. Big Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 7:43 AM

Lynden Williams:

Just found out that you can actually purchase a gift for someone if they share their wishlist. One lucky forum poster to this thread just got a surprise gift. Big Smile

Thanks Lynden! That's the best surprise I've had in a long time. Glad I could help you learn about that feature. (I hope you didn't do it on accident).

That reminds me....I need to share that link with my family.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 10633
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 1:56 PM

Super.Tramp:

Jack Caviness:

Well, Happy Birthday, Jack! Gift  (I have to say it now. I will forget by next week.)

My B'day is May 30th. 

Well, we almost bracketed the month Cool

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS