Reading Lists for m.Ed Courses as Progress Checklists

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5003
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 23 2014 1:13 AM

Inspired by what MJ has done with creating a checklist for Verbum Practicum course I have started using the reading list tool to create checklists for you to track your progress through m.Ed. courses.

I have currently setup lists for LT151,PD101 & PD102.  I'll post back as I complete more lists.

To use just open Reading lists from the Tool Menu in Logos/Verbum and in the Find box search for the course code to find and open the reading list and use it to check off your progress in the course.

A couple examples below.  If there is a course you are working on currently and want me to make it a priority in getting the reading list completed please let me know and I'll move it up to the top of my list.

Posts 55
LogosEmployee
Miles Custis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:18 PM

Thanks for setting those up! Looks like you have a typo in the PD102 reading list. It should be "Idolatry" not "Idolatory" in the title of the course. (By the way, I am enjoying the chance to report errors in this forum instead of receiving the reports. Smile)

Posts 10029
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 2:00 PM

Miles Custis:

Thanks for setting those up! Looks like you have a typo in the PD102 reading list. It should be "Idolatry" not "Idolatory" in the title of the course. (By the way, I am enjoying the chance to report errors in this forum instead of receiving the reports. Smile)

I can understand your joy, but it's a wiki: you may easily change it yourself instead of reporting it....

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 5003
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 3:20 PM

Miles Custis:

Thanks for letting us know.  I've been in touch with the publishers and they were able to supply me with a corrected file.  This new file has been processed and the update should download next time you log into your Logos Software Miles.  

Geeked

Posts 5003
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 6:36 PM

Reading lists for all three courses in the Elyse Fitzpatrick Bundle are now ready to use.

Posts 5003
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 25 2014 3:19 PM

Reading lists for BI101 and BI201 are now ready for use.

Posts 26458
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 25 2014 5:52 PM

Logos should run a blog on this use of reading lists and consider ways of making their presence known to future students not on the forums.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 10:57 AM

Currently working on OT101. Will the reading list be ready in the near future?

Thanks

Jim Smith

Posts 5
Nelson Rivera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 6:02 PM

Hello,

Thanks that's great, I'm working on B1 100.

Thanks

In His Service

Nelson

Posts 5003
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2015 2:30 PM

Just a quick note that I have updated the reading list for LT151 to fix a few minor issues and I am in progress with creating a reading list for LT161 - it has 238 individual segments along with the quizzes and exams so is a much bigger project.  Started it last weekend and will post back here when it is available.

Posts 10029
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2015 12:34 PM

I find this a very helpful idea and set up NT221 "The Wisdom of John". Since we now can link between RLs I also made a meta-Reading List to easier find the others - feel free everyone who makes a new m.Ed-RL to insert it there.

If I'm not mistaken, currently we have:

Posts 5003
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 3:46 AM

Great idea Mick

Posts 5003
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2015 10:03 PM

NB.Mick:
Since we now can link between RLs I also made a meta-Reading List to easier find the others - feel free everyone who makes a new m.Ed-RL to insert it there.

Reading list for BI100 & OT391 is now available and added to the master list. Also added subject headings as per course master list to make it easier to find the course you are looking for in the list

Posts 5003
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 3:41 AM

Reading list for NT331 - Moo on Romans is now available. Full list of know reading lists set up below.  If you have create one for another course please let us know so it can be added to the master list.

Logos Training

Biblical Interpretation

New Testament

Old Testament

Counselling

Personal & Professional Development

Posts 5003
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 6:35 PM

I was able to get another one up and running today - BI181 Introducing Bible Translations

Complete list of know reading lists set up below. Recently added ones highlighted in green. More to come.

Reading List

This is a list of user contributed Reading Lists set up to track progress with m.Ed courses. See also https://community.logos.com/forums/t/83868.aspx

For a complete list of currently available courses see: https://www.logos.com/mobile-ed/courses

Logos Training

Biblical Interpretation

New Testament

Old Testament

Counselling

Posts 10029
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2015 6:21 AM

Since Logos shows DIY Bible Study (see https://www.logos.com/product/46350/diy-bible-study ) under the new Courses section on the home page together with the m.Ed courses and the old Moody AM Courseware, I thought it might be helpful to expand the summary list into two sections: Mobile.Ed and others. 

I also added a new Reading List which tracks progress through DIY Bible Study and sits under the 'others' section in the summary list. I personally find DIYBS underused by myself, but I want to tackle genres and books as they come in my other studies (and then use more than ten minutes), not in a daily consecutive way. A Reading List therefore supports actually using this resource more than a reading plan. 

Hope it helps some others, too!

Mick

Posts 555
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 8:43 AM

I just discovered this thread and these reading lists!

thank you all who have spent time making these lists. I now have lists for all three of the courses i own: Bi100, NT221 and NT331.

john

Posts 5003
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2015 3:41 PM

NB.Mick:

Since Logos shows DIY Bible Study (see https://www.logos.com/product/46350/diy-bible-study ) under the new Courses section on the home page together with the m.Ed courses and the old Moody AM Courseware, I thought it might be helpful to expand the summary list into two sections: Mobile.Ed and others. 

I also added a new Reading List which tracks progress through DIY Bible Study and sits under the 'others' section in the summary list. I personally find DIYBS underused by myself, but I want to tackle genres and books as they come in my other studies (and then use more than ten minutes), not in a daily consecutive way. A Reading List therefore supports actually using this resource more than a reading plan. 

Hope it helps some others, too!

Mick

I've added a reading list for OT101 mobile ED course.  Hope you don't mind Mick but I have also changed the name of the main list to be simply "Courseware Reading Lists".  I have done so to reflect the fact it there is other courseware outside of m.Ed like you have pointed out.  Also removed reference to Logos simply so to make it more reflective of the fact that courseware is used by not only Logos  users but also Verbum users and possibly NOET users.  I'm not sure if Noet app offers courseware functionality but think it probably should if it does not as I think there is a whole range of courseware that could be offered under that branding.

Posts 10029
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2015 6:21 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
Hope you don't mind Mick but I have also changed the name of the main list to be simply "Courseware Reading Lists".  I have done so to reflect the fact it there is other courseware outside of m.Ed like you have pointed out.

I don't mind at all. I took the chance to add a RL for Look at the Book Labs (John Piper exegetical videos, mainly treating Romans 8/9), as long as they're in my Logos Now this month. Since the resource comes completely void of a ToC or index, the RL may help some to find stuff.

Posts 10029
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 5:44 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

I was able to get another one up and running today - BI181 Introducing Bible Translations

Complete list of know reading lists set up below. Recently added ones highlighted in green.

Another update: The two m.Ed courses from https://www.logos.com/product/47574/mobile-ed-studies-in-biblical-interpretation-bundle-s dealing with biblical interpretation. The list currently looks like this:

Courseware Reading Lists

Reading List

This is a list of user contributed Reading Lists set up to track progress with m.Ed and other Faithlife courseware.
See also https://community.logos.com/forums/t/83868.aspx

* mobile.Ed *

For a complete list of currently available courses see: https://www.logos.com/mobile-ed/courses

Logos Training

Biblical Interpretation

New Testament

Old Testament

Counselling

* Other Courses *

* AM Bible Courseware *

Note: The course in this section are no longer available for purchase

Discipleship

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS