Best mobile approach for a non-techie

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 23 2014 6:32 AM

Good morning,

I have an interesting situation in my church. I have a crazy-fast reader who loves devouring everything in my print library (and can write a summary to my toughest seminary books in a matter of just days!). I would like to get her access to my Logos library, so she can read through some of my other books and make notes, highlights, etc.

Only problem is that she's not technical. No computer, no tablet, no cell.

One family is willing to get her a tablet if I can work out the technical details (and persuade her to do this). I'm curious which is the easiest tablet or e-reader to use with the Logos mobile app (I figure that's the easiest way to go, as I could just download the books right to the app).

It would also need to work with PDF's, as I have a vast collection of such files that I would like to get into her hands as well.

I'd appreciate any insights. I happen to be quite technical, so I never had to worry about "what's the easiest". :)

Thanks!

Brian

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 6:40 AM

PS - Wireless capability is definitely a plus, for the sake of syncing books. But this has to be something you can buy without purchasing a mobile data plan (I'm in the US). Thanks!

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 6:42 AM

You may want to review the EULA before proceeding

EDIT: Here is a link https://www.logos.com/ArticleViewer/2090

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 6:51 AM

I should be able to purchase a minimum platform so that she can get a license, yes?

Or can I get this person her own Vyrso account, so that she can read the free stuff that their site offers? Even that, plus PDFs, would be handy.

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 6:56 AM

Absent the EULA, size counts purse-wise. After that (and we're talking non-techy), iOS vs Google are the same (we carry both tablets around on trips).  iOS I think is safer; Google more varied.

EDIT: the license is resource specific (she reads - she has a license for that book).  Absent buying a whole new library, you might find it easier just to transfer a stack of books to her ($20 fee by Logos), plus maybe a Bible or so.  On the forum, there's several that operate with several accounts, moving books around.

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 7:59 AM

Hello Brain 

If you wanted to go low on cost you could have  her make a Logos acct and use the Bible App. 

I use the Galaxy Tab 3 as my reader and it has Polaris Office for the PDF, Also you can add a 64GB SDXC to add storage for files.

Also you can write with Polaris.

The Galaxy Tab is about $400.00 depending. 

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 2:09 PM

I would suggest looking at "refurbished" iPads on apple's site. They come with the same warranty, but at a discounted price. I dont know when a refresh might be up... That is a good time to buy too... Either a new model or and "old" one discounted. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS