Creating a Series of Commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2757
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:46 AM

My attendance at Camp Logos was years ago and version 4 was the latest. I remember learning about a way to create a series of books organized by verse so that as I moved from book to book and testament to testament the books would follow when the panels synced.

I can't remember how to do it. I want to create one using my top commentaries listed on Best Commentaries site.

Can someone point me to the right place or explain it here?

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 9:10 AM

The series name is what links them together.  That name is editable now (in the Library info panel) so you can make your own series.  A resource can only be in one series though, so (for example) if you place a Pillar commentary in your custom series, it is no longer in the original series with the other Pillar commentaries.  If you select several books at once, you can edit the series name for all of them at once.  If you delete the series name on a resource, the original series name will come back as the default.

Setting series for one resource:

Setting series for multiple resources:

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 9:21 AM

If you need steps on how to create series, here is the blog by MP, http://blog.logos.com/2013/09/logos-5-create-your-own-series/ .

Posts 25660
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 3:53 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
I remember learning about a way to create a series of books organized by verse so that as I moved from book to book and testament to testament the books would follow when the panels synced.

If it was on "custom series", or creating serial associations, it would have been a Libronix (Logos 3) Camp prior to 2009! "Custom series" was brought back via Logos 5 last year.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2902
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 26 2014 7:10 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
Can someone point me to the right place or explain it here?

Kevin, I posted a how-to on this some time back, here-

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/74512.aspx

There was some additional follow-up there that you might find useful to read.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2757
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 3:03 PM

Thanks for all the help. I was asking because they didn't seem to work. I had two panes open, a bible and a commentary. I linked them to A and as I moved between the various books of the Bible the commentary didn't follow. So I assumed this was not set any longer and I needed to reset it. Now it seems to work fine without any user changes. Strange, but glad its working.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS