marking forums as read

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 46
Terry Roberts | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 23 2014 7:54 PM

Aloha and good afternoon

I try to get to the forums everyday. I then select "unread". this then give me all the unread posts since the last time. today, there'was 133.  I scanned the three pages and none interested me this time. Imthing had to open each topic (general, iPad/iPhone etc) and mark it read. I think it would be great to be able to mark all read from the summary screen.

Mahal and God Bless

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:54 PM

You are not alone Terry. I too would love a mark all read button, after I've scanned all the headings. It is nearly impossible to keep up with everything.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 28233
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 3:43 AM

Related: there is another forum I visit which has the ability to advance to the first unread post in a thread. The advantage of this is that when you come to a thread with many pages, you don't have to search for where you left off. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9215
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 4:16 AM

alabama24:

Related: there is another forum I visit which has the ability to advance to the first unread post in a thread. The advantage of this is that when you come to a thread with many pages, you don't have to search for where you left off. 

I like that.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 6:38 AM

Bruce Dunning:

alabama24:

I like that.

Me2

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 2080
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 9:00 AM

There used to be a number of forums I frequented that were absolutely perfect for threaded conversations, tracking responses, identifying unread messages. Everything perfect. It was called usenet. I'd still like to shoot the idiot that first thought a web browser would be an improvement. Tongue Tied

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 9:18 AM

Randy W. Sims:
I'd still like to shoot the idiot that first thought a web browser would be an improvement.
Now, That's the Christian attitude. Stick out tongue

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 1:58 PM

Randy W. Sims:
There used to be a number of forums I frequented that were absolutely perfect for threaded conversations, tracking responses, identifying unread messages. Everything perfect. It was called usenet.
Before usenet - there was FidoNet. 

I ran a BBS using custom ASCII graphics and a customized BASIC backend. Later I ported it I think to WildCAT. I had a 2:30AM dial in to a fidonet server exchanging groups and messages from all over the globe to my livingroom. I still remember hearing my 300 Baud modem kicking on and off in the morning as other sysops started dialing in and syncing with my server. When I upgraded to 2400 Baud I thought the phone lines would melt from the speed.

Usenet streamlined and improved it - but for me, fidonet was first.

Check the Wiki

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS