Reformed Diamond - new basepackage

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 5:44 PM

Maybe it included the current extra 15% off if you use the REFORMEDBP coupon code at checkout ?

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 6:44 PM

Randy W. Sims:

New to Diamond (Chart)

Much thanks for this, Randy.

This package is a real deal (although I'm checking with my billfold)

Posts 5148
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:00 PM

Mark Barnes:
Can't wait for Reformed Portfolio!

Upgrade to Reformed Platinum for about $28 USD.  New to me was:

The two most recent commentaries from Mentor series on Hosea and Psalms (2 volumes),

The Whole Works of the Rev. Ebenezer Erskine (3 vols.), 

Herman Ridderbos Collection (7 vols.), 

The Puritan in Holland, England, and America (2 vols.) and 

Justification and Variegated Nomism (2 vols.)

In total I received an extra 16 volumes (15 resource files).  

Alternatively I could have just bought the Hosea Mentor Volume on its own for about $28 USD.  

Looking forward to seeing Reformed Portfolio also Mark.Stick out tongue

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:56 PM
Still no comparison tool to see what we already have versus what is new. Logos is missing sales needlessly by not getting this working.
Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 8:52 PM

JH:
Still no comparison tool to see what we already have versus what is new. Logos is missing sales needlessly by not getting this working.

I think it is sad. Some people are going to miss out on some really good deals.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5148
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 9:42 PM

Super.Tramp:

JH:

I think it is sad. Some people are going to miss out on some really good deals.

People will only miss out on the 15% off but the base packages will remain, but I know what you mean.  15% off an $1000 upgrade is a big miss.  Logos right and left hand should have been working in sync before they pushed out all of these packages in order to have the web site ready. It's not a way to build confidence in potential new customers by not getting this right.  First impressions are the ones that count and Logos has not though this through - what is says to me they are focussed on chasing a sales target at the moment.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 10:06 PM

You guys talk like the 15% off is about to disappear forever. I don't have a spreadsheet to prove it, but the base package discount seems to be on more than off. Just about any reason suffices for reviving it...May Day, Ides of March, National Ice Cream Day...hey! We're offering base package discounts!!

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 10:22 PM

David - those MOSTLY apply to NEW purchases and not upgrades like this.

I can jump on Diamond, despite having platinum and still get the 15% off - not so in a few more weeks.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 11:38 PM

mike:

which sales rep did you talk to?

Todd Cullop.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 25 2014 3:55 AM

This is getting closer to piquing my interest, especially when considering that Reformed Platinum was about as exciting as a bag of sand. But it is still a "church" package and it is still bogged down with gunk and sludge, imo. You could remove about 200-300 titles from this and it would appeal to me far more than what is being offered as is. If those were converted to a few dozen choice Bible study or commentary titles--maybe a couple of good collections--I'd already be downloading it. I would still like to see a Bible Studies package of some form or other.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 25 2014 4:51 AM

David Paul:

I would still like to see a Bible Studies package of some form or other.

https://www.logos.com/product/16061/westminster-bible-companion-series

is part of Diamond is it not ?

The Westminster Bible Companion Series (33 vols.) assists laity in the study of the Bible as a guide to Christian faith and practice. This series, compiled by some of the best names in contemporary scholarship, is concise, yet non-technical. Each volume explains the biblical book in its original historical context and explores its significance for faithful living today. These books are ideal for individual study and for Bible study classes and groups.

Posts 104
Bentley Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 3 2014 2:12 PM

VERY nice package!!

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 2:32 PM

Did I read somewhere that we are able to get a "new to you" breakdown for these base packages?

(I am still trying, unsuccessfully, to talk myself into getting Diamond...the amount of junk in this is depressing.)

Posts 26996
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 2:39 PM

David Paul:
Did I read somewhere that we are able to get a "new to you" breakdown for these base packages?

Contact sales and they'll email you the "new to you" list.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 3:02 PM

Has to be sales, eh? I tried customer service...the guy was clueless about this. Nice enough. I just didn't want to bother sales, or be bothered by sales. I just want the info.

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 3:13 PM

Yeah, Sales can do it. It takes about 2 mins for them to generate the report and email it, literally.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 4:30 PM

They sent me one... Planning to make the purchase perhaps this summer if I cancel all my pre-pubs.

They may be producing more books, but my budget has remained the same. Gotta make the hard calls.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 5:30 PM

abondservant:
Planning to make the purchase perhaps this summer if I cancel all my pre-pubs.

Maybe your Pre-Pub list looks different but I found about a third of my Pre-Pubs were included in the package. I found another significant group of resources on my wish lists are included in the package. The upgrade purchase was cheaper than buying just the wishlist items.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 2:30 PM

David Paul:

You guys talk like the 15% off is about to disappear forever. I don't have a spreadsheet to prove it, but the base package discount seems to be on more than off. Just about any reason suffices for reviving it...May Day, Ides of March, National Ice Cream Day...hey! We're offering base package discounts!!

I was about to purchase Diamond on Friday and then came back Saturday to find out the 15% off discount code no longer worked. So the discount has disappeared. But I called my friendly Logos sales person and he honored it. Smile

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 3:58 PM

Yeah, I was told it was over...then the next day it was being promoted on the home page and the blog. As I understand it, they are keeping it kind of fuzzy so there isn't a "run on the bank". The sales department gets hammered when hard deadlines are announced. But I'm still not totally convinced it will disappear forever.

Let me say that all Logos customers who have a sales person they use regularly should buy big ticket items from that salesperson. It's their livelihood.

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS