Please save an automatic layout snapshot whenever user executes "close all"!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 25 2014 9:51 PM

I had a bunch of resources open, one of which I was in the middle of reading. I did "close all" in order to help a user figure something out. But then when I went to get back to my previous layout, I found that it wasn't there! The last autosaved layout was from yesterday when I closed the app.

Please also save an auto layout whenever the user does "close all" which is almost akin to closing the whole app down in terms of losing track of what you were in the middle of.

Thanks!

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 26 2014 4:38 AM

Yes

Good call Rosie. I normally work from active layouts, or create a new one out of habbit these days. But this would be handy.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 1:55 PM

Peace, Rosie (and Thomas!)                  *smile*

I just now came across this thread and thought I'd try it out ...               When I "hit" some of the "application closed" screens in layouts, even from yesterday, it seems to pretty much restore where I was ...

Did  you try that?                        My experience makes me feel better!                         *smile*    

So there's at least a "partial" back up!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 2:24 PM

Yes, Milford, when I hit the "application closed" screen from yesterday it restores where I was back then. But I'd made lots of changes in my layout since then before doing "close all". And I had wanted to get back to where I was just before I did "close all" which is not possible unless you explicitly save a layout every time before you do "close all". But I don't want to have to do that. I want an automatic snapshot to be saved by Logos whenever the user does "close all" just like they do it when we close the app. Simple as that. Thanks for your suggestion, though.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 4:08 PM

Blessings, Rosie!                I understand!              *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS