Question regarding system specs on my Mac

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1224
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:25 AM

Hi,

Bear with me on this. I have a macbook (specs pasted below) I love logos 4, but need it to be working right every time. I tried Parallels with XP, but I found my Macbook was not running it right. Fans running all the time, video sluggish.

My question is looking at my specs would I do better if I had a Macbook pro. I "think" the video is beefed up on a "pro"

When you run Parallels and L4 how does it work and what are your specs?

Here are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 3 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Posts 10558
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:48 AM

Mike Tourangeau:
Bear with me on this. I have a macbook (specs pasted below) I love logos 4, but need it to be working right every time. I tried Parallels with XP, but I found my Macbook was not running it right. Fans running all the time, video sluggish.

Mike

John Fidel has posted some valuable hints on optimizing Parallels 5 to run L4. You might try those (Read the whole thread, especially the first one on page 2). Did you allow the application to complete downloading and indexing? Sluggish operation and the fans running sounds like it was still indexing.

Mike Tourangeau:
y question is looking at my specs would I do better if I had a Macbook pro.

I am sure you would get better performance from a Macbook Pro. You would have a faster processor, and more of them. The more RAM you have on the Mac, the better it will handle multiple applications.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:27 AM

I agree with Jack.  You can tweak the software, but Pro will give you better hardware + you can still tweak the software.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1224
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:14 AM

One thing I should mention is I run from my bootcamp partition.... would that be the reason for the sluggish behaviour?

Posts 10558
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:44 PM

Mike Tourangeau:

One thing I should mention is I run from my bootcamp partition.... would that be the reason for the sluggish behaviour?

It seems that someone else reported that Parallels ran slow from a Boot Camp partition. Must be the new military, we never got to run slow when I was in Boot Camp! Geeked

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS