Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 4
Ricky Rew | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 28 2014 5:28 AM

We have a number of people in our fellowship with poor vision and they struggle to see what's on the screen. One feature we've been looking for (and wrongly thought was part of Proclaim) is the ability to remotely follow a presentation.

We'd love for an attendee to be able to login to an app and have the slides on screen mirrored to their device. It's obviously possible as it works so well on the remote control app - we'd just need it without the control option.

Any plans to introduce this?

Posts 68
Aaron Linne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 28 2014 9:49 AM

Ricky -

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love to hear from the others here on the forum; is this something you all would like to see? A Proclaim remote app w/o the ability to actually control the presentation?

Posts 4562
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 28 2014 12:36 PM

I for one would. It would make recommending 'following' much more credible.

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 7:43 PM

I can see this being beneficial to a few in our congregation. It's a great suggestion.

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 7:44 PM

It'd be nice to incorporate the Logos Bible with this. That way they don't have to flip back-n-forth to see slides and to read scripture.

Posts 1
Travis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 11:26 AM

I think another great option would be to simply provide an html shortcut that could be linked on a church's website that would mirror what's being displayed in Proclaim. A huge advantage to this (in addition to giving folks the ability to follow along on their personal devices) would be that a churches could easily mirror this feed to other monitors/TVs on campus using something like a Chromecast.

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 5:07 PM

Yes! This is what I'm looking for...but not necessarily a "remote follow." I'm thinking more of a virtual bulletin styled sermon notes insert. If the congregation I serve could get access to the on screen point(s) and possibly even jot notes themselves for later retrieval...this would be HUGE!

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 2
Bill Pinto | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 9 2014 8:34 AM

I like to see this have options also like which screen you'd like to receive. We're currently looking for a good way to send the Confidence screen over WiFi to multiple iPads so if this was built into this app, that'd be extremely easy.

Posts 4
Ricky Rew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 9 2014 9:47 AM

Any word on what the feeling of the team is about providing this functionality? There seems to be some support here from others.

Posts 41
Shawn Bumpers | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 9 2014 1:02 PM

Yes! This would be awesome!

Posts 68
Aaron Linne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 9 2014 3:59 PM

Ricky -

It's definitely on our list of things to tackle in the future. What's important is the continued support from other people on the forums on this feature over other ones. Thanks for the feedback and letting us know what you want!

- Aa

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS