So happy to see John Stott's "The Cross of Christ" which just shipped from pre-pub today

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18863
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 1 2014 10:31 PM

But what a shame to see this glaring typo in the dedication:

Frances Whitehead was the longtime beloved assistant to John Stott.

I thought maybe I was just seeing things and it was just a funky font, and that those were really h's. But no:

So I've reported the typo. But c'mon Logos, can't you give things just a once-over after bringing in the text via OCR to catch clunkers like that? This on the dedication page would have been so obvious, especially with any spell-checker turned on:

No, I didn't add either Frances or Whitehead to my spelling dictionary. They're just there.

This is not the first really embarrassing typo I've found on title page or dedication page. Reported one just a couple of weeks ago.

Needless to say, when you put out books with this level of frequency, there are going to be more and more typos. I understand that. But in big fonts on the first couple of pages? Please do a quick check first before shipping!

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 10:48 PM

Tbis sbould never bave bappened. !

Posts 28246
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 2 2014 3:36 AM

Big Smile

I see what you did there 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 2 2014 5:49 AM

I thought these were intentional typos so Logos would know if the 'other guys' are stealing their OCR creations

...ok maybe not

Posts 945
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 2 2014 6:27 AM

I too caught this...and others in other books.  It seems sloppy for a company that is so keen and cutting edge otherwise.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS