Bob Pritchett wrote the following post at Mon, Aug 1 2011 1:00 PM:

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 31402
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 5 2014 12:34 PM

Bob Pritchett:

I just want to give a quick "heads up" about the PBB distribution terms. While you'll be able to build whatever you want with PBB, distribution will be supported via our Logos online systems. (Both from your personal page as well as from a central bookstore.)

The bookstore will make it easy to share content with others, and will offer the same cloud-based downloading, syncing, multi-computer use, etc. that Logos-created books support.

For this reason, though, Logos is going to have some content restrictions on the bookstore -- we aren't looking to create an editing tool, for example, that lets people create lower-quality and lower-price versions of public domain content we sell in high-quality editions, and then use our systems, servers, etc. to distribute them.

The policies and procedures aren't done, and we're still thinking through all the issues. But I want to point out early-on that the goal of PBB is to support "personal" use. This means you can do whatever you want for yourself, but if you want to use our systems to share/distribute the content, we'll be offering support for sharing your "personal" content, not for going into competition with Logos on public domain (or licensed non-PD) content.

-- Bob

Should I just "bump" this or formally ask for a status update? I've given it > 1000 days so I don't think I'm being too hasty but I am particularly interested in the "bookstore" aspect.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 12:41 PM

MJ. Smith:
Should I just "bump" this or formally ask for a status update? I've given it > 1000 days so I don't think I'm being too hasty but I am particularly interested in the "bookstore" aspect.

How about asking for a status report? I don't think it is asking too much.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 1:05 PM

Did you factor in the day for a year principal?

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 1:18 PM

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

2 Peter 3:8

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 19140
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 1:19 PM

Paul C:

Did you factor in the day for a year principal?

I thought it was 1000 years are like a day in God's sight. (Ps 90:4). So 1000 days are like 1/365 of a day, about 4 minutes. Be more patient, Martha.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 1:36 PM

Rosie Perera:
I thought it was 1000 years are like a day in God's sight
I was referring to the Day/Year prophecy principal used in certain Theologies. >>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-year_principle ... But your example is even more stark.

Posts 1717
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 4:33 PM

Not forgotten, but has been waiting for lots of other projects that deliver the required tech and back-end support... still coming...

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 4:45 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Not forgotten, but has been waiting for lots of other projects that deliver the required tech and back-end support... still coming...

Posts 31402
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 6:20 PM

Thank you Bob. That is reassuring.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 6:40 PM

If one looks at line 3 of the Logos6 feature details, on the beta site.Devil

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 6:52 PM

Denise:

If one looks at line 3 of the Logos6 feature details, on the beta site.Devil

Here's the new logo.   At least for today.

Posts 1952
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 6:55 PM

I believe Logos is neglecting the internal quality products, the core/heart of the software. 

Too many community pricing books being published, selling packages without "what's new to me" page, the perpetual indexing problems, now that everyone has bigger library the system isn't optimized for large libraries, no dynamic pricing on MANY of bundles yet, the main website still not updated on what's the "real best selling" books, on and on and on .....

Also, selling packages with many unwanted CP products that don't sell well is.. Hmm.. Kinda cheap. (some call it balance, i dont) 

Please fix these pending problems BOB.. I growing weary everyday

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 7:07 PM

Ok, Pilate ... er Paul.  I saw that line before you changed it.  Need I quote the famous question in the previous dispensation .... 'What is truth?'

And mike ... really.  Weary from a company being TOO productive??  'Too many CP books ...'??  And if I remember, the dynamic pricing was a kudos to Logos (who had no responsibility to do it).  

Selling cheerios in the small-box cereals package, when it's the sugar pops that you wanted?

What?

Posts 31402
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 7:11 PM

mike:
Also, selling packages with many unwanted CP products that don't sell well is.. Hmm..

Do you have data to back this up? Speaking only for myself, the vast quantity of "unwanted products" in my library are not CP's but (a) ministerial & church administration resources that don't apply to my denomination (b) language resources that would be useful if I wished to pretend I knew Biblical languages ... which I hope to someday make useful and (c) books by authors whose main value to me is as examples of logical fallacies.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 7:12 PM

Denise:
Ok, Pilate ... er Paul.  I saw that line before you changed it.
I wanted to support you ... just thought better of twisting the truth quite that tight. Forgive me? Big Smile

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 7:16 PM

Well, after you bannered the Logos6 logo, they removed the features page.  Great going!

But I appreciate the support.  

I suspect L6 is 'the truth' or at least it would be if I was Logos CEO .... publishable PBs are going to revolutionize the Bible study world, especially if there's a 'store'.  

I can easily see this as a mini-Amazon publishing world.  Who knows.  I'm thinking in Japan. Korea. Pretty wild Bible study world in the future. 

Also pastors within a denomination where central management is a no-no.

Plus at last, we could see what David Paul's been trying to explain!

Posts 19140
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 7:25 PM

Paul C:

Here's the new logo.   At least for today.

Hmm, methinks this was snagged from somewhere else:

http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Logopedia:Theme/Logos_with_the_number_6 

Stick out tongue

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 7:26 PM

Denise:
I have only felt the desire to type LOL twice in my internet career. Atta-Boy Girl.Stick out tongueBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileStick out tongue

Posts 19140
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 8:02 PM

Denise:

And maybe we'll finally get to see that Revelation commentary George Somsel has been working on since he was 14.

Posts 1984
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 6:30 AM

Rosie Perera:
And maybe we'll finally get to see that Revelation commentary George Somsel has been working on since he was 14.

The greatest attraction to the forums which keeps me coming back. Come on, George - publish it already!

Wink

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS