Feedback on Bryan William's Bible Studies

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 6 2014 1:08 PM

Has anyone read or used any of Bryan William's Bible Studies? I looked at the preview, but there wasn't enough information to see if this is something I would use. 

https://www.logos.com/product/15127/three-wise-men-bible-studies-in-1-and-2-timothy-and-titus 

I was considering using this one to lead a 45 minute Bible study group. Any feedback?

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 6:13 PM

Kevin, I have the study on Matthew.  I'ts okay but nothing special.  Here is a lesson:

STUDY TWO …

Jesus probably delivered his Sermon on the Mount near Capernaum, a small fishing village on the north-west shore of the Sea of Galilee (see 8:1 and 8:5). A popular view is that the time was near the middle of A.D.28. A largely parallel account in Luke 6 tells us that Jesus spent a whole night in prayer. Next morning he chose the twelve disciples and then took them with him as he went to heal and cast out evil spirits.

We cannot be sure whether Matthew and Luke are reporting the same events. For one thing Matthew says that Jesus taught on a mountainside, but Luke refers to “a level place”. Perhaps it was a saddle or plateau, which would fit both Gospels. For another thing the sermon in Matthew is much longer than that in Luke, while some of Matthew’s material is found in other places in Luke. One explanation is that Matthew is summarising more than one address. Another is that our Lord taught essentially the same thing on various occasions … a highly likely scenario.

BIBLE READING and Questions: Matthew 5:13–20

1. How do you think Jesus intended his hearers to understand 5:13–16?

2. What does salt do?

3. Why does Jesus use light as a symbol?

4. What sort of light are we?

5. What was Jesus Christ’s attitude to Scripture?

6. The Pharisees and “the teachers of the law” were widely (but probably grudgingly) recognised as of superior character to others. How then can verse 20 be true of Jesus’ hearers or of us?

(Click here for the answers)

Personally I really like the Max Lucado studies for a group study: https://www.logos.com/product/2293/life-lessons-waiting-for-christs-return-studies-on-hope

Bill

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS