INDEXER LOG file is HUGE

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Martin Baxter | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 7 2014 10:01 AM

Recently my brand new macbook pro complained that I was running out of disk space. I new I only had approx 150Gb of USER data so what on earth was taking up the other 350Gb?

I downloaded OMNIDISKSWEEPER and discovered in 2 mins that the LOGOS INDEXER file was ... wait for it ... 250Gb in size.

Does anyone know how I sort this?

Can I just delete the file?

Martin

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 7 2014 11:37 AM

What is the exact name and extension of the file you are talking about. I suspect you may be talking about your index. If so you cannot delete it.

The size of the file does not sound right. I have more than 5000 resources in my library and my entire logos folder, including the index, only consumes a little more than 26Gb

Posts 2
Martin Baxter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 7 2014 11:54 AM
The file is located at … Users/library/Application Support/Logos4/Logging/indexer.log I think it is simply the LOGFILE for the indexer. Do you know can you turn index logging ON and OFF? Martin
Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 7 2014 2:30 PM

Martin,

I don't think I've ever seen an indexer log quite that big. It should get recreated every time the app runs, so it seems the indexer got "stuck" on something. Can you try running this from the command line in Terminal: 

tail -n1000 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Logos4/Logging/Indexer.log > Indexer_huge.log && zip ~/Desktop/Indexer_huge.zip Indexer_huge.log

If that works and you end up with a Indexer_huge.zip file on your Desktop, can you post the zip file here and then delete the Indexer.log file from your Logos4/Logging folder.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 31894
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 7 2014 2:32 PM

By default, logging is turned off. Holding down CTRL while starting Logos turns it on as does running a script. See the wiki for details.

Had your indexing successfully completed when you saw the file? Work files for large sorts require lots of space.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 11 2014 9:36 PM

Martin Baxter:
Do you know can you turn index logging ON and OFF?

Yes, Logos Support has Logos Logging Utility => https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/problem

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS