Translation of Bible: how much does it cost Logos to do?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 190
Paul Chatfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 10 2014 10:27 AM

I am in Italy and would really like to see a version of the Bible in Italian other than in the equivalent of KJV (Diodati).  Personally, I'd love the Nuovo Diodati, like NKJV.  I realise that there probably aren't many others who might want a modern Italian translation.  But it makes me wonder, Logos, how many people would you need at say, $20/package to get a version made?  Would 100 people be enough to make it worthwhile you doing, or do we need 1000 or more?  I'm sure others in Europe might have similar thoughts about their language who might also be interested in hearing an answer,

Thanks,

Paul

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 10 2014 10:52 AM

The biggest issue is usually securing files and permission from the copyright holder, not the cost of production. If you email suggest@logos.com with the text and the contact info for the publisher, we can look into it.

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 10 2014 11:00 AM

Would Logos please consider the newest Edition of Good News Translation?: 2004 Good News Translation 3rd Edition UK-English
It's popular in the UK.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 10 2014 11:20 AM

Seems like the LEB might be a good candidate.  Frankly I think a better translation but my 2 cents.  Even better, a translation could improve over time.

Just thinking out of the (George) box, but the interlinears are also good candidates for non-english glosses.  That'd be interesting and cheap too (gee, now 'who' would want THAT ... maybe someone who remembers the Japanese interlinear ... ha). 

Possibly if someone knew the Lexham's email address. 

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1
Leo Kelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 8:18 AM

Hey Paul, if you're interested, I can introduce you to the team here at Distant Shores Media. We have the foundations of a fully unlocked version of the bible in English (for those who know copyright law, it's in the "Attribution Share Alike" space) with fifty biblical accounts from Creation through Jesus' Return ready for translation by anyone, into any language, IMMEDIATELY.

You don't need anyone's permission to get started (not even ours!).

Here's a link if you want to learn more: http://distantshores.org/openbiblestories

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 11:37 AM

Denise:
 That'd be interesting and cheap too (gee, now 'who' would want THAT ... maybe someone who remembers the Japanese interlinear ... ha). 
 Did I hear my name? I have my bid in for the Shinkaiyaku Seisho even though it appears hopeless. 

Denise:
I don't know the address but I know the guy who started the company.  Smile

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 9:23 PM

Bob Pritchett:
The biggest issue is usually securing files and permission from the copyright holder, not the cost of production.

My wife Nina is involved in a project to transcribe (digitize) the Irish Bible. The New Testament is already finished and they are working on the Old Testament now. I don't know all the details yet but I am hoping it will some day be available in Logos.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1991
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 9:52 PM

Bob, why did you stop the production of Indonesian Bible?

Posts 116
Paolo russo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 12:32 AM

I'd love the NR2004.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 6:54 PM

Denise:

Questions, concerns, typo reporting, or suggestions can be emailed to editor@lexhampress.com

http://lexhampress.com/contact-us/ 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS