What could be your suggestion?

Page 3 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 85 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4900
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 8:35 PM

Tes:

Well, very strange my suggestion is:

2. He should not have sexual relation with any one of them anymore .

I seriously hope you do not sin by suggesting such a horrible thing. What a nightmare!

The marriage bed is holy, regardless of the number of wives...don't profane or pollute it with unbiblical advice.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 8:37 PM

Tes:

Did you have the same opinion before and after all the Other folks' input?

Posts 4900
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 8:40 PM

Paul C:

Did you have the same opinion before and after all the Other folks input?

Assuming you're talking to me...yes.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 8:43 PM

Tes:
I highly appreciate your comments and all your thoughts sincerely

I appreciate your graciousness on such a difficult subject.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 8:44 PM

David Paul:
Assuming you're talking to me...yes.

No I was talking to Tes....we posted at the same time...i didn't quote him...i have edited it

Posts 4900
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 8:48 PM

I suggest everyone give 2 Sam. 21:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 a quick review. YHWH told Yisraa'eil not to make a covenant with any of the people in the land. The Gibeonites used guile to extract a covenant with Y'hohshu`a. Shaa'uul reneged on that agreement and YHWH considered it a breach of covenant so drastic that He required a drastic solution to make His point.

Point is, whether it mirrors exactly any particular "concept" or "principle" in Scripture, word given is bond--it is covenant. Those people ARE married and it is VALID IN YHWH'S SIGHT.

Posts 2963
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 8:52 PM

Due to  discrimination of my Faith in the Lord.For nearly 20yrs, I am single .I know what the grace of the Lord means to live in such a way as an Amputee. I beg you please, I am not boasting.I only want to magnigy the Lord for His Grace.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2963
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 9:00 PM

Paul C:

Tes:

Did you have the same opinion before and after all the Other folks' input?

I have already said, my intenstion is only to learn what others say. There are some points on which I agree and disagree.Anyway  I welcome all of them and consider them as useful.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 9:03 PM

David Paul:
Those people ARE married and it is VALID IN YHWH'S SIGHT.
Wouldn't we have to determine if those vows included YHWH in the first place? He is certainly not included in all vows.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 9:04 PM

I think you should give careful consideration to Rich's thoughts on this matter.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 9:20 PM

Denise:

I don't think there's a need to apologize ... always easiest to apologize for other people. 

First, Tes knows full well how the world works; he's far more world-wise than most of us

Exactly.! He started this thread knowing it would get out of hand. Anything to draw attention to his Pet Project. 

Now he wants to play the poor pitiful amputee card. Sorry. I ain't buying it. I called this thread for what it is from the get-go.

Tes Is trolling. And it worked.

Posts 2963
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 9:31 PM

Schezic:

Denise:

I don't think there's a need to apologize ... always easiest to apologize for other people. 

First, Tes knows full well how the world works; he's far more world-wise than most of us

Exactly.! He started this thread knowing it would get out of hand. Anything to draw attention to his Pet Project. 

Now he wants to play the poor pitiful amputee card. Sorry. I ain't buying it. I called this thread for what it is from the get-go.

Tes Is trolling. And it worked.

Hi Schezic, I appriciate your commnents! I love you may the Lord bless you abundately! If there were not such nice comments such as like yours it would have been only one way.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 9:45 PM

Schezic:
Now he wants to play the poor pitiful amputee card

As a double amputee, I take issue with your comment.  I wish you would accord a little more respect for others.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 9:52 PM

Super.Tramp:
As a double amputee, I take issue with your comment.  I wish you would accord a little more respect for others.
We all have our burdens to bear. Most don't flaunt them as a way to gain the upper hand in a debate.   I have never seen you use your disability in such a way. I don't think the comment was directed at the disability...but the attempt to gain control, via sympathy.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 10:06 PM

Paul C:
I have never seen you use your disability in such a way.

I'm legally blind, too.  Cool

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 10:07 PM

Super.Tramp:
I'm legally blind, too.  Cool
I see.Stick out tongue I will attempt to avoid hard of seeing comments.

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 10:20 PM

Paul C:
We all have our burdens to bear. Most don't flaunt them as a way to gain the upper hand in a debate.

I don't believe that's what was intended. I think Tes was replying respectfully to ST; he didn't quote but the conversation was:

Tes:

Super.Tramp:

Tes:
I highly appreciate your comments and all your thoughts sincerely

I appreciate your graciousness on such a difficult subject.

Due to  discrimination of my Faith in the Lord.For nearly 20yrs, I am single .I know what the grace of the Lord means to live in such a way as an Amputee. I beg you please, I am not boasting.I only want to magnigy the Lord for His Grace.

I thought this entire thread was very well behaved until a few posts ago, considering the topic. There are no trolls here.

Posts 4900
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 10:35 PM

Paul C:

David Paul:

Wouldn't we have to determine if those vows included YHWH in the first place? He is certainly not included in all vows.

Are you prepared to apply that condition to all marriage vows? Are you suggesting that anyone anywhere who didn't invoke His Name in their vows is guilty of adultery and fornication because they aren't married in His sight? If the vows are not conducted in His Name, then He has no concern with the marriage? Num. 30:2b seems to apply to all interpersonal discourse (which appears to be how Yeishuu`a interprets it).

Covenant, a concept descended from YHWH by revelation, is a principle that has force whether or not parties explicitly acknowledge Him and invite His presence in the scenario. As I read it, it was saving their skin, not recognition of YHWH's majesty and righteousness, that motivated the Gibeonites to enter into covenant with Joshua. Josh. 9:24 Vows are of monumental import to YHWH. It is precisely why Yeishuu`a advises that vows not be entered into without great aforethought, as Shem Tov Matthew (criminally not in Logos) points out. His "yes/no be yes/no" establishes that invoking the Name is not a requirement for obligation to be assigned.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 10:40 PM

David Paul:

Paul C:

David Paul:

Are you prepared to apply that condition to all marriage vows?

It is not I who is applying conditions. It seems I asked a question. Please mellow out. I'm not arguing with you. There used to be marriages performed by Justices of the peace...and ships captains. with no mention of God. Do you hold that they are a covenant with YHWH? Yes the Gibeonites entered into an agreement but they called on God's Name. It was not a ritual with an unknown god. Or in some cases...no mention af Deity , at all.

Posts 4900
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 10:48 PM

Paul C:

David Paul:

Are you prepared to apply that condition to all marriage vows?

It is not I who is applying conditions. It seems I asked a question. Please mellow out. I'm not arguing with you.

I didn't take it as arguing with me. I took it as a question asserting a possibility that has logical consequences. I am just trying to get you to see those consequences through so as to determine if the question is valid. Questions can be as invalid as assertions can be. My point is that I don't think anyone wants to "go there" with regard to trying to determine if His Name was invoked in an agreement before we accept it as valid.

Page 3 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS