NEW Community Pricing: NT221 The Wisdom of John: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Johannine Literature, by Ben Witherington III

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 37 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 35
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 14 2014 4:15 PM

We have just put a course up on Community Pricing for the first time:

NT221 The Wisdom of John: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Johannine Literature, by Ben Witherington III

This is your chance to get an amazing deal (64% off) on this 13-hour course!

The more people that bid on it, the lower the price will go. Here is some more information on Community Pricing if you want to learn more.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 4:24 PM

Celeste Chute:

Yay!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 5:16 PM

Hope this works well. I think Mobile Ed is a great idea, but the price can be somewhat prohibitive.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 5:26 PM

Sounds interesting.  While the current bid may seem high to those not yet into mobile ed. the opening bid is a lot less than similar length courses by others at the pre-pub prices....

Posts 2304
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 6:12 PM

I am definitely in on this one!  I love BW3!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 8:23 PM

I don't think I agreed with a word that came out of his mouth in the promo vid...so I'm in!  Yes

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 8:38 PM

I too cannot afford the Pre-release pricing we have seen on prior mobile courses and would love to see more of these bidding opportunities. I am in.

Posts 35
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 7:56 AM

Love seeing everyone's enthusiasm! Spread the word about bidding on this product. Depending on its success, we may do more Community Pricing products later on. 

What course would you be most excited to see next?

https://www.logos.com/mobile-ed/courses 

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 8:05 AM
NT347 Book Study: Paul’s Letter to the Colossians Joshua Jipp:

Celeste Chute:

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 8:53 AM

I think this is a really good move and hope that more courses will follow via community pricing. Bid duly placed!

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 9:09 AM

Celeste Chute:

Love seeing everyone's enthusiasm! Spread the word about bidding on this product. Depending on its success, we may do more Community Pricing products later on. 

https://www.logos.com/mobile-ed/courses 

AP120 Introducing Covenantal Apologetics I: The Foundation of Covenantal Apologetics K. Scott Oliphint

AP121 Introducing Covenantal Apologetics II: The Practice of Covenantal Apologetics K. Scott Oliphint

BI291 The Apocrypha: Witness Between the Testaments David deSilva

NT305 New Testament Theology Douglas J. Moo

NT306 The Dead Sea Scrolls and the New Testament Craig A. Evans

NT307 Archaeology and the New Testament Craig A. Evans

NT311 The World of Jesus and the Gospels Craig A. Evans

NT312 The Gospels and Ancient Pedagogy Craig A. Evans

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 11:29 AM

Celeste Chute:

CS201 Western Civilization: Greeks to Aqunias Bryan Litfin

NT307 Archaeology and the New Testament Craig A. Evans

TH291 History and Trends in Dispensationalism Carl Sanders
TH292 Critical Issues in Dispensationalism Carl Sanders

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5602
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 5:40 PM

Celeste Chute:

Courses in patristic biblical exegesis and Catholic scriptural exegesis.

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 7:13 PM

Well all of them if they are more in this price range. Keep bidding everyone.

Posts 1991
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 7:16 PM

I bid $300

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 7:29 PM

Unix:

NT347 Book Study: Paul’s Letter to the Colossians Joshua Jipp:

Celeste Chute:

I would like to hear his take on what happened on Malta (per his bio blurb), but alas it is published by Brill, so I probably will have to do without--the oxygen just isn't thick enough for me at the altitudes Brill likes to price its products.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

Posts 2304
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 4:40 AM

David Paul:

I don't think I agreed with a word that came out of his mouth in the promo vid...so I'm in!  Yes

I'm certainly not wanting to get into a theological debate, but just out of curiosity, what is it in the promo that you disagree with?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 4:59 AM

I've brought this up previously...I have an issue with the whole genre approach--reading history as history, reading poetry as poetry, reading gospels and gospels (biography), letters as letters, apocalyptic as apocalyptic, prophecy as prophecy, and so on. It has this air of homespun wisdom (well, of course that's what we should do! Isn't it delightfully and reflexively obvious?), but aside from being a tautology, it is based on a falsehood. Witherington says that "Revelation is the only full book of prophecy we have in the NT", but that is bunk. Even moreso than is true of the OT, every book of the NT is prophetic. The idea behind the genre approach is that since this is ________ genre, we should expect to see ________ and we should not expect to see ________. That's a recipe for failure on two fronts. The Bible isn't written in Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic. It's written in prophecy.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 6:09 AM

Wow! The projected price is now down to $105. I sure hope this is a success.

Posts 141
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 8:20 AM

It's great to see the excitement for this! Dr. Witherington was a delight to have in the studio, and he produced some really top-notch course content. You certainly won't be disappointed with this--it's great information communicated with a large dose of charisma. :)

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS