Church of Christ Library for Logos Bible Software

Page 6 of 9 (161 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
This post has 160 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 12:10 PM

<<Alex, I agree with you to a point. But many of the same issues also occur for Baptists and for non-/semi-denominational evangelicals. So I trust Logos can navigate the problems if they have a product manager dedicated to the area. Watching other groups develop, that seems to be a key.>>

Logos has done this with other groups, and so all we need to do is make suggestions, and then let them run with the ball. I do think we need to push for a Restoration package(s), and that so we do not get stuck only with resources from one of the preaching schools. I want to focus on Christ and not one of the 28 sects. I  have a very large library at this time, however, I probably will purchase a RM package.

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 12:24 PM

"The clouds roll with thunder, that the house of the Lord shall be built throughout the earth; and these frogs sit in their marsh and croak ‘We are the only Christians!’" Augustine

Posts 1085
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 12:36 PM

One baby step I'd like to see would be a "Classic Early Restoration Movement Works" package that brought together in Logos format some of the more significant writings of early Restoration Movement leaders from the first half of the 1800s.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 1:18 PM

Gary Butner:

"The clouds roll with thunder, that the house of the Lord shall be built throughout the earth; and these frogs sit in their marsh and croak ‘We are the only Christians!’" Augustine

Were they green frogs, or brown frogs?

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 5:07 PM

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 5:28 PM

Silent Sam:

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

LOL I was wondering about this guy the other day.  Always silent and sometimes silent is golden.  Welcome back buddy!

DAL

Ps.  From what I can see, this guy's or chick's last post was back in Friday 03/15/2013. It's been a while Tongue Tied

Posts 11308
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 5:39 PM

That's because we've been good little boys and girls!  

Silent Sam only shows up when we've been naughty (or Logic Dog is taking his walk).

I had not considered 'Sam' > Samantha.  I'd always thought Sam was Sam.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 5:42 PM

Denise:

That's because we've been good little boys and girls!  

Silent Sam only shows up when we've been naughty (or Logic Dog is taking his walk).

I had not considered 'Sam' > Samantha.  I'd always thought Sam was Sam.

May it's Samuel who came from the dead to tell us something Stick out tongue Wink

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 8:12 PM

In your picture are you holding a  puppy or is that a paratrooper's rig?

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 8:16 PM

2 puppies.

Posts 2640
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 19 2014 1:07 AM

Some CoC resources definitely sound like a good plan. I've been attending CoC for two years now for the reason of the great passion and love for Christ there. So it would be good now to get some background knowledge on the theology. I don't think I'd be able to contribute to the canon of the base package, but will be interested to purchase once it's done.

Even more, I'd be interested to be able to purchase CoC published books through Vyrso. Some are available on Kindle, but I don't really want to "split" my Christian library between these two systems.

So for Vyrso, please (!!!!) consider the following publishers:

http://www.louiscts.com/
http://ipibooks.com/
http://www.dtmediastore.com/

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 74
Ralph Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 19 2014 6:48 AM

DAL:

Silent Sam:

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

LOL I was wondering about this guy the other day.  Always silent and sometimes silent is golden.  Welcome back buddy!

Yes

Posts 5
Alex Vaughn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 12:16 PM

I agree that would be an excellent first step. Two reasonable collections offered by the Gospel Advocate would be their Gospel Advocate Classics collection and their NT Commentary set. I'm not sure how broadly those collections apply to those outside of the CoC to the broader Restoration movement however.

Posts 11308
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 12:37 PM

I'd hope their Classics go back to the 1800s.  

Just this morning I was reading that the Gospel Advocate in 1874 began tracking the Huntingdon TN COC as it seemed to get hand-me-down Presbyterian church buildings. (Not now of course.)

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 21 2014 4:36 PM

We have copies of all the Millennial Harbinger in our church library, however I would prefer to see them in a Logos Restoration package. 

Posts 636
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 21 2014 5:12 PM

Gary Butner:

We have copies of all the Millennial Harbinger in our church library, however I would prefer to see them in a Logos Restoration package. 

I have that set in my "hard copy library" along with the Christian Baptist by A. Campbell and I would agree that it would be very nice to have in Logos format.

Posts 636
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 21 2014 5:13 PM

Gary Butner:

I have that set in my "hard copy library" along with the Christian Baptist by A. Campbell and I would agree that it would be very nice to have in Logos format.

Posts 1085
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 8:11 AM

Bill Shewmaker:

Gary Butner:

For a "Classic Early Restoration Movement Works" package I'd love to see both the Harbinger and the Christian Baptist.  I'd also like to see Barton Stone's Christian Messenger, the Last Will and Testament of the Springfield Presbytery, and Thomas Campbell's Declaration and Address.  There are many other things that could be included (Campbell's Living Oracles, for example), but these would make a very nice start.

Posts 636
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 11:18 AM

EastTN:

Bill Shewmaker:

Gary Butner:

For a "Classic Early Restoration Movement Works" package I'd love to see both the Harbinger and the Christian Baptist.  I'd also like to see Barton Stone's Christian Messenger, the Last Will and Testament of the Springfield Presbytery, and Thomas Campbell's Declaration and Address.  There are many other things that could be included (Campbell's Living Oracles, for example), but these would make a very nice start.

I would also like to see Earl West's "Search for the Ancient Order" volumes included in the Restoration package.

Posts 403
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 1:47 PM

Alexander Campbell's Translation is on Community Pricing with a collection of other old translations.

https://www.logos.com/product/16808/english-bible-collection#017

Page 6 of 9 (161 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS